Help with making straight plank - Proxxon tools

Hello all

I have a little problem with making straight plank.This is what I get from Proxxon FET.
As you can see it's not a square. In previous parts on my build I managed to get past that, but now I need a perfect square

Question to Proxxon DH40 and AH80 users can I elimante this wedge shape only with DH40 or I need both?
Also how thin plank you can get from DH40? Below 1mm?

Thanks for all answers
Bez tytułu.jpg
DH40
DH40.jpg
AH80
AH80.jpg

Proxxon FET saw blade inclination is adjustable. Take a straight 90 degree angle, adjust the blade for getting perfectly rectangular planks. Also when sawing ensure both front and rear ens of working piece are firmly pressed down to base while being moved through the rotating blade.

Thats might be it. Thank you very much.
When I first set up the degree I used metal setsquare. It was little over 0, now it's on 0.
I still need some trials, but it's better

20231202_152506.jpg
It's hard to show the difference on small pieces, but on larger ones it's significant

Before
20231202_153328.jpg
Now
20231202_152159.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. With Proxxon DH 40, for hard wood, you can make a maximum of 3-4 mm, and 2mm on flat bigger part of wood. This 1 mm is unrealistic because then it starts to wave. You can glue a piece of wood on CA to the plywood and then, if you want, you can also make 1-2 mm, but it is difficult to peel it off. When it comes to FET, it is always -1* for adjustment. Usually the right angle is 1*, unscrew the saw all the way. If you still have a problem with the angle, cut wood either from the left or the right, sometimes it helps.

I use a 2” machinist square to make sure the FET saw blade is square to the table. I never rely on the scale printed on the saw since the “arrow” is only held with a screw that could get bumped out of alignment.

I use a 2” machinist square to make sure the FET saw blade is square to the table. I never rely on the scale printed on the saw since the “arrow” is only held with a screw that could get bumped out of alignment.
I did it your method, but the blade changes angle under weight. I guess I need another person to help me

I have discovered it is absolutely critical to precisely align the cutting blade. I have a mini saw for cutting planking strips. I can tell immediately if the blade alignment is off as my cutting of the planking strips bind up the saw as I cut. In my case the adjustments are crazy small but significant nevertheless.

Back