Here is an illustration for beginners to contemplate

I am an illustrator, and it is my will that people come to this hobby for it is fruitful. I give this work freely to this forum and the world with the Creative Commons license so that anyone can copy, print, reproduce, or do what they will for their own purposes. I give this to this community freely and thank you for the knowledge you have shared on sailing ships for I had no knowledge of before I embarked on drawing this illustration. My authors notes are this, the ship is a duplicate of the ship in the Disney films, Pirates of the Caribbean. I have excluded for copyrights sakes, the small details of decorative pieces that are not functional like the woman on the mainsprit or the ornate ornimental creations on the back of the poop deck lamp stand. This way, the copyrights cannot control this digital image. It looks like a duck but its a duck, but we wont say what duck it is.

Anyway the resolution of this image is 100 dpi and can be printed at 24 x 36 at any office store for you use. Enjoy hooligans.

PIRATESHIP.jpg

That looks nice! Why don't you do a lines drawing and a set of bulkhead plans for the beginner?

Now, I know many of you are into the hobby. My line of work has been in drafting and computer aided drafting. What I did was took every picture I could find of the Black Pearl from the Disney movies, Pirattes of the Caribbean. Since the ship may have been derived from something else I feel free to reproduce it here with accurate elevation drawings of the top, side, front, and back. This took me 3 months, because Disney don't give out proprietery information, so this drawing is reverse engineered.

Since the post of this, I am fruitfully working on series of drawings that are scaled so that anyone can replicate this ship. It's not quite what you would expect though.

Here are some working drawings I am figuring out so that the final drawings are accurate with measurements.

PIRATESHIP5.png

That looks nice! Why don't you do a lines drawing and a set of bulkhead plans for the beginner?
Would you suggest some scales that are most popular with builders??? The plans I am working on are for a full scale ship, not a model, but linear distance is relative.

Back