Hermione by DISAR

Working on the planking and finding it very difficult due to the thiknes of the planks .
Maybe you can show us with one or some photos where exactly you have problems, so we can try to give hints to make it easier (or better)

Will you start a building log of your Hermione build? -
I ask this because you posted this topic in the logs area - if not, no problem, we can easily move this topic to another area

This Kit seems to be a bit of a mystery. Very little information that I've been able to find. Geowbre, what is your opinion of the overall quality?
Plans & Instructions?
Quality, completeness, etc. of materials provided?
Thanks!
(and GOOD LUCK with the build!!)

This Kit seems to be a bit of a mystery. Very little information that I've been able to find. Geowbre, what is your opinion of the overall quality?
Plans & Instructions?
Thanks!
The instructions are picture only and very little information. The quality of the parts seem very good some of the planking is very thick and hard to work with but I managed OK. The rigging is going to be a real challenge because there’s very little information.

17F6CD50-C6C0-467F-B19B-29DBB9D67830.jpeg

7821D4A1-657E-4AE0-BEF6-D4074048876C.jpeg

DB29DC04-04E7-4CB0-8F6D-2DB5D965C0A7.jpeg

Thanks for your reply!
I see what you mean about plank thickness - probably to allow for lots of sanding (single plank kit).
Looks like this one is a bit "over my head" for now.
LOOKS GREAT!!
Please keep posting photo, etc of your progress! I'm looking forward to following your build!

Plans & Instructions?
Thanks!
Hallo @LIGLEHART
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

The instructions are picture only and very little information. The quality of the parts seem very good some of the planking is very thick and hard to work with but I managed OK. The rigging is going to be a real challenge because there’s very little information.

View attachment 324420

View attachment 324421

View attachment 324422
The model is based upon the reconstruction in France; hence, details of the rigging should be fairly easy to find.

I did a search for "L'Hermione" and found a site for the ship's plans that included a rigging plan. There were also numerous photos of the ship in port. Given that the model is based on the contemporary replica ship, I'd start with both. I'd also look into the ship's website. They might help with their own observations.

Bill

Where would I start looking for rigging details?
I think, that you will find all necessary information rigging, sails and belaying plan in the available monograph written by Lemineur

There are also a lot of photos available, but it will be hard to get a complete overview with only this information resource

Civadière_Hermione_Brest_2016-07-14.jpg

We have also several building logs of the kits, which could be helpful, also some modelers are finished the model, so maybe they do not need anymore the rigging plans of the kits

I did a search for "L'Hermione" and found a site for the ship's plans that included a rigging plan. There were also numerous photos of the ship in port. Given that the model is based on the contemporary replica ship, I'd start with both. I'd also look into the ship's website. They might help with their own observations.

Bill
Thank You

Back