Hermione la Fayette by Artesania Latina

Hi,
Name is Fabian and I’m from the Netherlands. I’ve been modeling for years but then just with plastic. Years ago I tried my hands on wood but clearly not the right time for it.

So again I’m going to try again with the confidence that I can do it. I got myself the Hermione, a ship I always liked because of the shape and line of it. Unfortunately on reading the instructions I found out it referred to tools for Artesania. The scraper... and then I found out you couldn’t get them anywhere... you can imagine the joy when I read here that Artesania was is business again! So a week later they were on my bench.

Because of a busy life and family, I don’t have the time to spend hours on it but that’s ok. And I’ll try to post pictures of the progress. Hope like it and of course constructive criticism is always welcome. Remember that we all had to start somewhere.

B857ED8F-42E0-4B87-9925-54B9A7969463.jpeg663A2E22-C961-4508-8DB1-ED18CE073306.jpeg

A very interesting kit, and yet another build log on SOS!! Many thanks for starting the build log, Fabian! If you have any question don't be shy to ask.

...and BTW, Welcome aboard SOS! We are glad to have you with us!

Welkom, Fabian! I too am a noob, this being my first ship to build. I also started my log last month. I've got a lot of great tips on rigging. Unfortunately, I did most of my planking before posting anything and was not able to get any feedback or tips on it. It was a great experience, though, and I have since looked at a lot of other logs like those of Donnie to see how I could have done better. You will get some fantastic ideas in this group. Happy sailing!

Bravo to you. It’s a good start. It’s a very nice model that will bring you a lot of pleasure to assemble and decorate it. Here are some pictures of mine which has been being edited for 6 months because I don’t have much time to devote to it, but it is progressing slowly. Give your news it’s very interesting. Thanks to you

P4182731.JPG20200531_171442.jpg

Bravo to you. It’s a good start. It’s a very nice model that will bring you a lot of pleasure to assemble and decorate it. Here are some pictures of mine which has been being edited for 6 months because I don’t have much time to devote to it, but it is progressing slowly. Give your news it’s very interesting. Thanks to you
Superbe! Thanks for sharing, Sylvain.

Hello Sylvain, Although you don't have time to devote to building your model, we would love to see your build log. The great thing..., it doesn't have to be from the beginning, though. What do you think? Personally, I think it would be great!!! ;)

Hi JIm. Ok it is possible. My english is not very good, but the pics are better than my texts
Hello Sylvain, many thanks for the pictures. However, this is a dedicated build log for Fabian. Please create your own and upload pictures there. Here what you do: Follow the link below and click Post thread. Give your thread a title and put all your pictures. This simple!!! Once you start your own thread, I will clean up Fabian's thread.

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/forums/sos-build-logs-from-kits-wood.52/

Hi,
Name is Fabian and I’m from the Netherlands. I’ve been modeling for years but then just with plastic. Years ago I tried my hands on wood but clearly not the right time for it.

So again I’m going to try again with the confidence that I can do it. I got myself the Hermione, a ship I always liked because of the shape and line of it. Unfortunately on reading the instructions I found out it referred to tools for Artesania. The scraper... and then I found out you couldn’t get them anywhere... you can imagine the joy when I read here that Artesania was is business again! So a week later they were on my bench.

Because of a busy life and family, I don’t have the time to spend hours on it but that’s ok. And I’ll try to post pictures of the progress. Hope like it and of course constructive criticism is always welcome. Remember that we all had to start somewhere.
We have a lot of time, so we can wait and we are all looking forward to see step by step your progress on the Hermione

Hi Fabian, I am working on the same ship. I will be posting some more pictures soon. I was able to get the scrapers soon after I purchased the ship in 2018. I also got the crew. Not sure how I will get those little guys painted up but I will try. It has been a fun build so far. I like having the CD for the pdf and jpg instructions. You can view them on a monitor and blow them up to see the detail. I typically only get time for mine on the weekends but I think about it all week long. Happy building my friend!

Hi,

Hallo @Fabian
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
are you still working on your Hermione?

Back