Hey Guys Need to refresh My Head

So things been hectic wife had 4 heart valves replaced in Jan then had to go back in get pacemaker yada yada so have to take care of her plus lost my dad so ive been totally out of things. I am trying to get back in doing the Naiad in 3ds max then do a cinematic with it in unreal engine.

So I am trying to remember my terms etc and when is says the Futtocks are sided yada that means front to back right that its shaved down and narrowed correct?

im just getting everything set up and once i figure out what im doing again Ill throw out a build thread it will be cool to walk around the ship once it is in Unreal Engine. its easier this way as I have to be around wife to get her things etc so im just in dining room instead of shop where I cant hear her call me

Good to see you return to the forum Joseph.
thanks Bryian yea I missed you guys but that last 2 or 3 yrs has been nuts between wife and dads illnesses and since my brothers passed I have to take care of everything good thing my mom (82) and myself are healthy as a horse. had my 3rd yr checkup for prostate cancer and its still negative 1 more year of testing every 6 months then im done whats nice is the prostates gone so the chance of it coming back is nil. they just check closely in case some of it got out of the prostate cause I was a hair from stage 4 which is fatal and into the body so I was lucky

Last edited:
Hello Joseph, nice that you and your wife are feeling better again. And it's nice that you're back, I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

So I am trying to remember my terms etc and when is says the Futtocks are sided yada that means front to back right that its shaved down and narrowed correct?

that is correct sided is the thickness of the timbers from front to back and molded is from outside face to the inside face.
sided dimensions are not shaved down they are the same from the keel to the cap rail. Except for some English built ship where the sided dimension is reduced and some clipper ships

that is correct sided is the thickness of the timbers from front to back and molded is from outside face to the inside face.
sided dimensions are not shaved down they are the same from the keel to the cap rail. Except for some English built ship where the sided dimension is reduced and some clipper ships
yea I noticed before some are stepped as they go up but im just trying to refresh on my terms

well guys now im back rofl I just started a new job which will allow me more time to take care of wife. still 40 hrs but the schedule works out I get to assemble grenade launchers and Assault rifles hehe we working on orders for Jordan and Astonia at the moment fun job. get to test fire them too as a bonus.

trying to get everything set up in solidworks as lost most my stuff when had to get new puter but still have a couple things just need to get drawings in at full scale to help get started. thinking of drawing up Le Fleuron as I always started doing the cad work but couldnt get past the frames as was still trying to get a smooth loft now Ill have to start over but I been messing with solidworks and getting better than I was before so we shall see

also looking at maybe the naiaid but will see once I get going

So Question guys.

The Naiaid plans are 1:60 scale but trying to figure out the percentage I need to enlarge the plans by to get full scale. normally I bting it into corel draw enlarge it and it will give me the percentage. However the ship is larger than corel work area can handle so need to come up ith the enlargement percentage just to enlarge in solidworks. I tried 6000 % but if you do the math the hull which should be 147 ft long comes to like 600 ft. I can do the profile sheets using the ap and fp and just measuring but then the frame sheets etc become a different matter as there are no dimensions to adjust by thus trying to come up with the enlargement percentage so everything goes the same

So things been hectic wife had 4 heart valves replaced in Jan then had to go back in get pacemaker yada yada so have to take care of her plus lost my dad so ive been totally out of things. I am trying to get back in doing the Naiad in 3ds max then do a cinematic with it in unreal engine.

im just getting everything set up and once i figure out what im doing again Ill throw out a build thread it will be cool to walk around the ship once it is in Unreal Engine. its easier this way as I have to be around wife to get her things etc so im just in dining room instead of shop where I cant hear her call me
Hallo @JosephH
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back