Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me be part of this group. :)
A little about me, My name is Stephane, but you can all call me steph .. I'm 48, from Canada, Quebec. I speak both French and English.
Been a model builder ever sine I was a kid, done pretty much everything out there. haven't done a wooden ship in a long time.
spent many years building and flying radio controlled plane, preferred WW2 fighters 1/5 scale and made them up to top gun quality detailed and finish.
Due to working hours, kids and overall life, my time for models has been taken away for quite a few years now.
Been long enough LOL
spent many hours as a guest reading builds,
I found this forum searching for info on ZHL models, saw the all scenario black pearl and it looks fun to build. this forum llooks extremely friendly and open
about all companies ( I do know about the controversies ) and in my line of work, about all the Chinese espionage and replicas.. but not why I'm here :)
I just want to share and learn more about my long lost passion..
honestly, after ready build blogs about some of the other ships, I'm pump and now not even sure which one I want to soak my hands into first..

looking forward in getting to know you all.

Steph

Thanks for the warm welcome, I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the last ship I made. it was the Artesania HMS Endeavour, had not digital cameras or cell phones with good cameras back then :) Been a while, I remember the rigging and sails gave me lots of headaches :-D
no forums to rely on back then, was hours/days of sitting there, looking at plans and instructions to figure things out and make them work.. I gave that ship away when I got into planes more seriously.. I can share pictures of my MK16 spitfire that I made from Sepp Uiberlacker plans, sold that gem to a restoration Museum in Montreal, Qc a few years ago..
sorry it's not a ship, hope it's ok.. but figured I could show one of the models I made , this had a 7ft wing span, wing is in one piece , detaches from fuselage for transport, weights 16.5 lbs, cruises between 55-70 MPH , powered by a 4 stroke single cylinder 1.5cc glow engine spinning a 2 bladed 18-6 prop. the 4 blade is just static.
I have some nice printed pictures of it on the runway or grass field at sunset, looks real versus these quick shots I took to show the museum via email..
again, sorry it's not a ship, but I promise to participate in a build blog as soon as I order my kit, still debating on which one I want.. thinking the black pearl might be a good start, easier build than say a Victory or one of the other all time favorites.

Steph

G'day Steph from the Land Downunder
Welcome to the friendliest ship forum on the net.
Your are part of the family now, and if you want any help with the technical term, of model ship building, just ask. I would say that you are completely covered in the know how method of model building as per your great 7 feet model of the best WW2 plane: the spitfire.
What a great model that you have there.
I was into planes years ago, but recently I've been looking into it again when my wife and I moved into a new home which is close to a model aerodrome..
I was thinking of building s spitfire eith a wingspan of 1.5 meters, about half your size.
I might ask you some questions latter on regarding this in the future if you dont mind. ;):D
Happymodeling

Back