Hi from Cape Cod

Just joined the forum, and in the process of building my first ship model (Amati Rainbow kit). I have gotten fairly far along. Not perfect, but pretty good for my first try. I've been a sailor all my life, but never had the time to try something like this, and now that I'm retired I hope to learn more and make more models to display (or give as presents). We live on Cape Cod, so sailboats fit in well with our home.

I am at the stage where I have to start putting on the rigging, and I can't see any directions on how to make the (really) small rigging blocks. Any advice on best practices would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig
(pottercap)

Welcome aboard SOS, Craig! Maybe you can start a build log showing your Rainbow? It doesn't have to be from the beginning, though. really small blocks not easy to make. If you not in a rush, you may consider purchasing very nice blocks in Pear from DrydockModels-parts-store The store will be opened on April

Welcome aboard Craig:
Yes
Show us your Rainbow, we like to see it, maybe you are a natural at building model ships.
If not, don’t worry, we can all help you.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

We really need to see a Build Log of the ship that you have built so far so we can help you with the rigging. The ship plans should have come with a plan sheet or instruction manual that demonstrates typical rigging and where the rigging is supposed to go.

Just joined the forum, and in the process of building my first ship model (Amati Rainbow kit). I have gotten fairly far along. Not perfect, but pretty good for my first try. I've been a sailor all my life, but never had the time to try something like this, and now that I'm retired I hope to learn more and make more models to display (or give as presents). We live on Cape Cod, so sailboats fit in well with our home.

I am at the stage where I have to start putting on the rigging, and I can't see any directions on how to make the (really) small rigging blocks. Any advice on best practices would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig
(pottercap)
Hallo Craig alias @pottercap
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy Birthday, Craig. I'm just round the corner from you, down on Aquidneck Island.

Back