Hi from Iowa

Welcome aboard WMG.
You pick a very interesting vessel to start, it has lots of American History behind.
How about if you let us see it.
I’ll be waiting.

I don’t know whether you got the pictures or not. I am new to the forum and still do’t know what I’m doing. My model has numerous flaws, but I ask you to recognize that it’s my first model and that I am an 85 year old with Parkinson’s Disease. I picked this model because i liked it’s looks, it was a simpler model than many sailing ships, and a full set of instructions were available from the Lauck Shipyard.

WMB
Thank You for showing your model.
If it is your fist one and you are 85 and you have Parkinson’s, my friend....
YOU ARE A CHAMPION to me.
I will follow everything you want to build.
Maybe I’m wrong but you must be our OLDEST member.
Can Donnie, or anybody in our staff check this out?

WMB
Thank You for showing your model.
If it is your fist one and you are 85 and you have Parkinson’s, my friend....
YOU ARE A CHAMPION to me.
I will follow everything you want to build.
Maybe I’m wrong but you must be our OLDEST member.
Can Donnie, or anybody in our staff check this out?

hum?
maybe Don Farr might hold the title or darn close to it.

WMG that is one fine looking model nice job

H

Thanks for the welcome. I grew up near De Smet, SD, graduated from Augustana and taught at Augustana for 14 years an worked at USD for 4 years. It’ a small world.gh
Pk stands for Pastor Kim....I am a retired Presbyterian/Lutheran pastor. Very small world. I throughly enjoy build ships and look forward to many in the future. Great to have you on board

Well we never get retired from the ministry, we just keep on working.
I’m one of the Jehovah’s Witnesses here in sunny Miami.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club ! I ,too, am 85 , (86 in two weeks time ) and am on my first model-----HMS Fly. .I spend most of my time rectifying my mistakes. I have taken up making this model as I haven`t been able to get up to my boat, a 22 foot gaff yawl because of this ruddy virus pandemic. Hopefully only a few more weeks. I still sail her singlehanded, so there`s hope for us oldies yet ! Good luck with the model.

Back