Hi from London, England.

Hi all - I have been building model ships for (too) many years - lost count of how many I've done but must be more than 30 or so, but I still hop from one foot to the other with excitement when a new kit arrives on my doorstep - I've been married for 30+ years but my wife has seen precious little of me as I spend most of my free time in my workshop at the bottom of our garden working on up to 3 models at a time. I have recently completed the Revenge (Victory Models) Grand Banks 46 (Amati) and HMV Bounty (Occre) - all decent kits and well worth doing. I am currenltly on the Mary Rose (Caldercraft) and am waiting delivery of my first kits from Model Shipways - the frigates Confederacy & Essex. I have never done a build log before but I may start one soon as the Shipway kits look to be a real challenge (so excited!!!!) Finally - I would like to thank - first SOS for allowing me to join this forum and secondly all those members who have entertained and inspired me with their own build logs over the past couple years or so.

Welcome Pat, Look forward to your build logs. It's an excellent way for us to find out how good the quality of kits are.

Welcome aboard SOS, Pat! We would love to see you completed work if you don't mind obviously! should you decide to post photos here the link (below)

Hi Snowy - I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of the Grand Banks - truth be told I've never kept a photo log of any model I've ever built and rarely keep a model once it's finished as I have no interest once it's done - I lust like building them - not looking at them. They are either sold or given away.
I will tell you it's an interesting kit to build, a lot different to the usual POF style as it comes with a pre-made ABS hull - the quality of the material and fittings are exceptional.
It would be very easy to convert to RC (there is a section in the manual for this) and I would imagine it looks fantastic on the water. If you are still interested I would recommend looking on YouTube - there is a good "Unboxing" video and several sets of videos going through the complete build process - including a good set by Amati themselves. If you decide to get it I will be happy to help if you get stuck or have any questions - until then I wish you good luck and happy modelling

Regards
Pat

Back