Hi from nfld canada

new here . i built alot of plastic ships.wife bought me a wood kit 4 years ago . she bought the rattle snake from model expo,was the best xmas present ever.been building wood kit ever sense then.built the c.morgan ,rattle snake golden star,the armed virginia sloop 1768.have the willie l. bennett,skipjack.mantua president and im building the swift/1805 pilot boat at the moment.best move i ever made .no longer into building plastic kits anymore,to boring compaired to wood kits.its a big turn on for me,lol.have a bunch of plastic kits probably part with.for the write price or swap for a good wood kit.hope the mods dont mind its my first post.lol.

20200129_145721.jpg20200129_145727.jpg

Thanks brother builder.hope to be here now and then to get on building and chat and look at other works of art.

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:

Glad to hear from a “Newfy”, I was in St. John’s from 1971 to 1977 working on the Health Science Complex, was living on 48 Gambier street and my best restaurant was “The “Starboard Quarters”, don’t know if its still there now. I wish you good luck on your new builds.

now that's a seriously used workbench!
Yeah done alot of plastic kits.mostly ww1 and ww2 ships some a little older.used lots of photo etch as well.been doing plastic kits sense i was 12 or 13 yrs old.now im 60.and its a great stress leaver for me.havent taken any thing to help sleep in along time.this is the best pill ever.even when im in bed im thinking how some planks or other parts fit.wife said your addicted to that stuff.lol.i said its a good drug for me.dont take anything sense i kicked a nasty habbit.thank god.

Yeah done alot of plastic kits.mostly ww1 and ww2 ships some a little older.used lots of photo etch as well.been doing plastic kits sense i was 12 or 13 yrs old.now im 60.and its a great stress leaver for me.havent taken any thing to help sleep in along time.this is the best pill ever.even when im in bed im thinking how some planks or other parts fit.wife said your addicted to that stuff.lol.i said its a good drug for me.dont take anything sense i kicked a nasty habbit.thank god.
Thank God you brought up the lying in bed thinking about a model. Thought I was the only one who did that. By the time morning rolls around I have figured out any problems I may have had with the model the day before. Ditto: family thinks I’ve lost it.
my wife listens to me ramble on but I think she also uses hard to detect ear plugs.

Glad to hear from a “Newfy”, I was in St. John’s from 1971 to 1977 working on the Health Science Complex, was living on 48 Gambier street and my best restaurant was “The “Starboard Quarters”, don’t know if its still there now. I wish you good luck on your new builds.
Hallo @Oskar27
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

new here . i built alot of plastic ships.wife bought me a wood kit 4 years ago . she bought the rattle snake from model expo,was the best xmas present ever.been building wood kit ever sense then.built the c.morgan ,rattle snake golden star,the armed virginia sloop 1768.have the willie l. bennett,skipjack.mantua president and im building the swift/1805 pilot boat at the moment.best move i ever made .no longer into building plastic kits anymore,to boring compaired to wood kits.its a big turn on for me,lol.have a bunch of plastic kits probably part with.for the write price or swap for a good wood kit.hope the mods dont mind its my first post.lol.
Hallo @Newfoundlander59
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back