Hi from Nowra, south coast of New South Wales, Australia.

Thanks Uwek.
I have read the build log for Jeronimo's cannon. I am awed by the skill employed. The bit that interests me at present is the construction of the blocks, and he makes no mention of that. However, I am being inspired by the support from the Forum and am gradually sorting out the details in my mind.
I am pretty sure, that Karl showed this block making already once in one of his other building logs..... maybe you can check them out

Hello from Germany.

My French Canon.

Karl

View attachment 258028

View attachment 258032
Hi Jeronimo, Your cannon is about the same scale as mine. What size rigging cords have you used and where did you get them? The ones I have are too short and very old. I have looked all over and cannot find anything over 2mm, and that is too thin (I think). Certainly the breeching rope is much heavier.

Hi Jeronimo, Your cannon is about the same scale as mine. What size rigging cords have you used and where did you get them? The ones I have are too short and very old. I have looked all over and cannot find anything over 2mm, and that is too thin (I think). Certainly the breeching rope is much heavier.

Hello .
I made it myself.

Karl

l7.021.JPG7.022.JPG9.031.JPG

Once again, thank you for your response. It is greatly appreciated. I do not have a ropewalk and thus am unable to make my own cordage. The best I can find in Australia is about 2.5mm. It looks more like string than rope. The more I study photos of your model, the more I am amazed. Wonderful work, though I am surprised that you did not make working blocks with an actual sheave.

Becoming exceedingly bored with Covid restrictions, I decided to try my hand at modeling. Previous efforts have not gone well. This time I decided to build the schooner Norfolk, built on Norfolk Island in 1798. My granny was a convict there at the time and possibly had some part in it. I am also working on re-rigging a model naval cannon I purchased a few years ago. It is a lovely thing but needs work. The barrel is 8 3/4 inches (22 cm) long and case from solid metal. The rigging is a mess and the blocks are not all there. I will be seeking assistance from knowledgeable members of the group as I progress.
I was actually reading a long list of posts from a member who was building his own cannon from scratch in this Forum. At that point I decided to apply to join and now cannot find the thread. Any help.
Very pleased to be accepted into the membership of this stellar group. Thank you.
Hallo @Digger
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back