Hi from Raleigh

Hello all hope all is well my name is Anthony,46 I currently live in North Carolina. I have built numerous styrene model cars and Mecha’s through the years. I have also done my fair share of carpentry projects such as furniture and other handyman work around the house but never any model kits until recently. I had purchase a wooden boat the Corel Sloup but was a bit surprised with it as it is a totally different ball game from building plastic kits so it has sat on the shelf for over a year but during that time I have purchase a few more but with the goal to get the skill set to build this Sloup. So I purchase a 19th century doctors buggy (not a boat) and started from there to just get my feet wet with the wooden kit builds and lucky enough there was a Ship of Scale flyer and ever since been here reading others builds and learning how to plank and try to wrap my mind around how that is done which is a whole other world to me and please don’t get me started in rigging which will be my next mission to learn. So to make a long story short I have purchase the Lowell Grand Banks Dory and have it mostly built but still in progress will post a build log soon. Well thanks for reading my post if you have gotten this far hopefully we will be seeing each across SOS.

Hallo and also a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back