Hi from the UK

Hi folks, I've just joined the group as I am retired and have recently got back into model building now that I have spare time. I have a 30 odd year old HMS Victory kit from Mamoli, and am suffering some of the problems others appear to have come across with ill fitting and fragile/broken parts. I may start a build log in the near future.

I live in Poole, Dorset, which is on the South coast of the UK, I've lived next to the sea all my life and served on ships during my time in the Royal Marines, including as part of the ships RM detachment of HMS Endurance (a.k.a The Red Plum) surveying the Antarctic Peninsula and other areas around the Southern oceans.

Welcome to the forums Jim ! Thank you for your service !
Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for the issues you're having with your dated kit. You just have to take it one piece at a time. Use lots of water to bend/shape parts when they need to be shaped. :)

Jeff

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
We would be happy to help and assist - so best would be to start a building log - just from the actual status

Also from my side a warm welcome Jim.
I also advice you to start a building log to get the help needed. In addition it is a nice way to record your progress and get cheered on to keep you going.
In any way, Merry Christmas.

Back