• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Hi from UK, The Mayflower.

Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
6
Points
18

Hi, I’m Trevor from Southampton UK.
Built a couple of boats in my younger days, and now I’m retired I thought I would start again.
I picked up a cheap older version of the Mayflower by Billing boats for a first attempt of a boat with sails,
A year in the making and I was thinking I was coming to the end of the build with just a bit of rigging left to do, however taking those pictures I noticed I haven’t done the rat lines on the mizzen mast so that’s going to be a bit of a pain to do now.
I find that doing the rigging does your eyes in after a while so I have started my next build a bit of a step up. Amerigo Vespucci by OCcre.

​


1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

AV1.jpg

AV2.jpg
 
Hello Trevor and welcome aboard.
You’ve done a great job on your Mayflower. I’ll be looking forward to your Amerigo Vespucci build.

Bill
 
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
 
Back
Top