Hi there everyone, Ronnie Gee from Montreal.

Into my 3rd year building the Heller Victory model and have hit a wall with the bow rigging re: instructions are horrible.
Bought the Longridge & Peterson books but tough to relate to the complexity of the instructions sheets with the info in the books i.e. rope paths and block placements.
Anyone know of a resource- documents- diagams regarding the step by step - uncluttered rigging of this section, I've spent a lot of time on You-Tube and Pinterest sites but nothing seems adequate enough.
Thanks for help for this novice.
IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Into my 3rd year building the Heller Victory model and have hit a wall with the bow rigging re: instructions are horrible.
Bought the Longridge & Peterson books but tough to relate to the complexity of the instructions sheets with the info in the books i.e. rope paths and block placements.
Anyone know of a resource- documents- diagams regarding the step by step - uncluttered rigging of this section, I've spent a lot of time on You-Tube and Pinterest sites but nothing seems adequate enough.
View attachment 135256

View attachment 134962
The book you mentioned is I guess Rigging Period Ship Models: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Intricacies of Square-Rig
by Lennart Petersson
and The Anatomy of Nelson ships by Longridge will help only limited

There are some other books and publications which can help and could give the missing information:

The 100-Gun Ship Victory (Anatomy of the Ship Series) by John McKay (Author)

HMS VICTORY – Her Construction, Career and Restoration by Alan McGowen (text) and John McKay (illustrations)

H.M.S. VICTORY - Building, restoration & repair (2 Volume set with Text + Drawings) by Arthur Bugler

And for the masting and rigging I highly recommend also
The Masting and Rigging of English Ships of War, 1625-1860 By James Lees

View attachment 135256

View attachment 134962
Hallo @RONNIE GEE
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Wow it looks like your doing well even if your having some troubles. I am in awe of anyone your tries to do a first rate of any nation. I am sure you can find good help especially with Uweks books and builders here, Good Luck and a warm welcome.

Hallo @RONNIE GEE
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Victory going?

Back