Hi to all

Hi everybody,

I am new to wooden model ships, joining in from Istanbul, Turkey. I am a retired software developer at age of 51. I have been building plastic models since I was 7, and I got many years of 1/87 model railroading experience in my bag.

Currently I'm working on my 4th build; AL San Juan, which I will start a build log soon.

I would like to thank to managers/administrators and the contributors of this great forum which have been very helpful during my builds.

I'm adding some photos from my earlier builds and your comments will be appreciated ...

All the best,

Cem.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 02.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 03.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 01.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 02.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 03.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 04.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 05.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,034
Thanks for your warm welcome and kind words.

I wonder if there's a limitation for opening topics in certain forum sections?

Cem.

Hi Cem, and welcome ! Your model is absolutely beautiful in detail and workmanship. As a side note, I assume that you are referring to "starting a new post" in each of the forum(s) listed.
For instance, you can start a "new post" in "Time for Coffee, General Discussion and other Interest" and then you can start a "new post" in "Completed Builds" and any other area, etc.
It seems that Newly Registered Members are allowed up to three postings on their very first visit, and then if you log out and back on again, it will be ok. Since this question has never been brought up before, I would have to dig into the Admin to investigate. But, my recommendation is just to try to post in the different areas that you have an interest in and see if the post (submission) is accepted automatically via the forums programming.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or comments, you can email me directly donnie(at)shipsofscale.com

Donnie
a.k.a. Admin

Donnie hi,

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated.

Also thanks for clearing the 'new topic issue' for me.

Cem.

Back