Hi

Hello everybody
I have stumbled upon this site while I was on Google. I took a look at it and it and found tit interesting. At first I wasn`t sure if I wanted to join it, because I am already on another forum, but finally I thought why not?
Anyway, here comes the part where I write a small something, so that you know me better. I got my first model for my 10th or 9th birthday, I don`t recall it exactly, but I do remember that a friend gave it to me; it was a plastic model of a spitfire plane. After that I was in the hobby for half a year and lost interest. At the End of 2013 I got an interest to sailing ships. I was on Google, searching for the ships of the Pirates of the Caribbean, because I couldn`t recall how big they were. Some days later I decided to wish for a ship model for my 16th birthday. (My parents were happy that I didn`t wish for some electronics, so I got to choose the ship.) After some minor research I decided to go for the kit Occre La Candelaria. It looked like an interesting ship and the price was just perfect to combine it as Christmas + anniversary present. That is one of the advantages when you birthday is near Christmas. So I started the kit back in January and well, progress is slow to say the least :sad: . But I will take my time; I am in no hurry after all…

Welcome aboard. A lot of us are on other forums. I like this site because of the way it is organized and it has some great modelers that are not on the others. Enjoy.

Thank you for the welcomes, this site is truly well organised.
Yes Brian, the wood is of good quality, except for the plywood keel ^^. I have just opened a buildlog too.

Hi Jean

I hope that you will make yourself at home here at SoS. Welcome !!!

Donnie

Back