Historical modelship event Amsterdam in september

Now I've signed up
Banner.png
, we'll see how it goes eventually.

I just joined this forum. not on the arrangement itself.
BDW, I checked the registration link, there are only guidelines translated but where you register is not translated, difficult since I can only answer in English, Knut-

I just joined this forum. not on the arrangement itself.
BDW, I checked the registration link, there are only guidelines translated but where you register is not translated, difficult since I can only answer in English, Knut-
If you will join us with your model, send @janzwart a pm. He is one of the organizers and can help you out.

View attachment 364153

Where? In the Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam in the Netherlands on 30 september 2023, 10 am.

Maybe nice to let us know here if you come and visit us.
My wife and I have made plans to visit Amsterdam so that I can attend this event. I cannot bring any models due to the travel on airplanes but I will bring my interest and enthusiasm! (This was a bit of a trade-off as I had to agree to treating my wife to the Buffalo Bills NFL game in London on 8-10-2023.) I have twice before visited Amsterdam but never left the airport as we only made (very short) transfers at Schipol. I hope to meet in person other members of SOS!

My wife and I have made plans to visit Amsterdam so that I can attend this event. I cannot bring any models due to the travel on airplanes but I will bring my interest and enthusiasm! (This was a bit of a trade-off as I had to agree to treating my wife to the Buffalo Bills NFL game in London on 8-10-2023.) I have twice before visited Amsterdam but never left the airport as we only made (very short) transfers at Schipol. I hope to meet in person other members of SOS!
The more the merrier. Next to visiting the show Amsterdam as a city is a wonderfull city to visit, you will love it.

Historische Scheepsmodellen EXPO

In samenwerking met de Nederlandse Vereniging van Modelbouwers tonen modelbouwers uit Nederland en buitenland hun mooiste en meest bijzondere scheepsmodellen in het museum. Tijdens het programma zijn er meerdere activiteiten te doen, zoals lezingen, rondleidingen en kunnen kinderen zelf een bootje bouwen.

Scheepsmodellen

Eeuwenlang worden schepen al in het klein nagebouwd. Ze komen voor in alle soorten en maten, van grof gebouwd tot verfijnd op schaal uitgevoerd. Ze zijn gebruikt, aangepast, bewaard en gekoesterd door hun bouwers en verzamelaars.

Modellen van schepen dienen als sierlijke decoratie in openbare gebouwen, kantoren en woonhuizen. Ze zijn gemaakt door een zeeman als herinnering aan een varend bestaan of door een scheepsbouwer om een nieuw ontwerp uit te testen of om een klant te bedanken voor een belangrijke opdracht. Veel meer zijn, vaak na veel onderzoek van originele bouwtekeningen en foto’s, minutieus nagebouwd door liefhebbers.

Want hoewel het grote voorbeeld inmiddels vaak is gesloopt of vergaan, blijft een schip in modelvorm voortbestaan. Om die reden zijn in de collectie van Het Scheepvaartmuseum honderden modellen van schepen bijeengebracht. Ze bieden een fascinerend overzicht van de ontwikkeling van het schip en van het vakmanschap om die in het klein uit te beelden.

In Nederland en daarbuiten zijn duizenden enthousiaste modelbouwers actief die het schip in alle detail nabouwen. Op zaterdag 30 september 2023 komen zijn bij elkaar in Het Scheepvaartmuseum om hun modellen te tonen aan het publiek.

De meeste exposanten zijn aangesloten bij de Nederlandse Vereniging voor Modelbouwers.

Het programma:
Rondleidingen
Ga mee met conservatoren Tim Streefkerk, Isaäc Vogelsang en Jeroen van der Vliet en kom meer te weten over De Scheepsmodellen in de collectie van Het Scheepvaartmuseum of de tentoonstelling Watersport in perspectief van Robert Das. Verzamelen bij de informatiebalie.

14.00 – 14.30 Rondleiding Watersport in perspectief van Robert Das door Isaäc Vogelsang
14.30 – 15.00 Rondleiding tentoonstelling Amsterdam Havenstad door Tim Streefkerk
15.00 - 15.30 Rondleiding Scheepsmodellen door Jeroen van der Vliet

Workshop
Ben je geïnspireerd geraakt door alle bijzondere scheepsmodellen? Ga zelf aan de slag met papier en schaar en maak de Christiaan Brunings na, het stoomschip van Het Scheepvaartmuseum.
10.30 - 15.30 op het Open Plein

Joy Rikkers
Projectleider publieksprogramma’s

[IMG]

Tot zover het bericht op de website van het museum.

De rondleidingen en de workshop worden door het museum georganiseerd. Onze activiteiten worden hier omheen gepland. Tussen alles door heeft u volop gelegenheid het werk van anderen te bekijken en uw eigen werk aan anderen te tonen en erover te vertellen aan bezoekers.

Het totale programma van de dag is dan als volgt:

08:00 – 09:45 Aankomst en opbouw van de tafels.
09:45 – 09:50 Welkomstwoord in de Heemskerkzaal.
10:00 Museum open
11:00 – 11:30 Presentatie door Robert Schotman: “Papier modellen steeds professioneler”
13:00 – 13:45 Presentatie door Peter Voogt: “Bouw van Robert E. Lee”
14:00 – 15:30 Rondleidingen door Museum (zie hiervoor)
15:45 – 16:30 Presentatie door Matthias Noback: “Het ontwerpen van een modelbouwkit”
17:00 Sluiting van het Museum

Historical Ship Models EXPO

In cooperation with the Dutch Society of Model Builders, model builders from the Netherlands and abroad show their most beautiful and extraordinary ship models in the museum. During the program there are several activities to do, such as lectures, tours and children can build their own boats.

Ship Models

For centuries, ships have been recreated in miniature. They come in all shapes and sizes, from crudely built to refined to scale. They have been used, modified, preserved and cherished by their builders and collectors.

Models of ships serve as ornate decorations in public buildings, offices and residential homes. They have been made by a sailor as a reminder of a sailing life or by a shipbuilder to test out a new design or to thank a client for an important order. Many more have been meticulously recreated, often after much research of original construction drawings and photographs, by enthusiasts.

For although the great example has often since been demolished or perished, a ship in model form continues to exist. For that reason, hundreds of models of ships have been brought together in the collection of Het Scheepvaartmuseum. They offer a fascinating overview of the development of the ship and of the craftsmanship to depict it in miniature.

Thousands of enthusiastic model builders are active in the Netherlands and abroad who recreate the ship in every detail. On Saturday, September 30, 2023, they will gather at Het Scheepvaartmuseum to show their models to the public.

Most exhibitors are affiliated with the Dutch Society for Model Builders.

The program:
Tours
Join curators Tim Streefkerk, Isaäc Vogelsang and Jeroen van der Vliet to learn more about The Ship Models in Het Scheepvaartmuseum's collection or the exhibition Watersports in Perspective by Robert Das. Gather at the information desk.

14.00 - 14.30 Guided tour Watersports in perspective of Robert Das by Isaäc Vogelsang
14.30 - 15.00 Guided tour exhibition Amsterdam Havenstad by Tim Streefkerk
15.00 - 15.30 Guided tour Ship Models by Jeroen van der Vliet

Workshop
Have you been inspired by all the extraordinary ship models? Get to work yourself with paper and scissors and recreate the Christiaan Brunings, Het Scheepvaartmuseum's steamship.
10.30 - 15.30 on the Open Square

Joy Rikkers
Project leader public programs

So much for the message on the museum's website.

The tours and workshop are organized by the museum. Our activities will be planned around these. In between everything, you will have plenty of opportunity to view the work of others and to show your own work to others and tell visitors about it.

The total program of the day will be as follows:

08:00 - 09:45 Arrival and construction of the tables.
09:45 - 09:50 Welcome speech in the Heemskerk Hall.
10:00 Museum open.
11:00 - 11:30 Presentation by Robert Schotman: "Paper models increasingly professional"
13:00 - 13:45 Presentation by Peter Voogt: "Construction of Robert E. Lee"
14:00 - 15:30 Guided tours of Museum (see above).
15:45 - 16:30 Presentation by Matthias Noback: "Designing a model kit"
17:00 Closing of the Museum.

Back