Hm brig badger

Hi have been buying a few kits from eBay, I’m lucky to have a selection now ,
My first one is going to be the cauldercraft Hm brig badger,
I’m going to leave my Hms victory until I get more skilled,
This kit was from uk eBay , it came with a Amati keel vise , set of 8 paints , and a pin pusher , all for £100 brand new , but unused , but a 200 mile round trip to pick up ( lucky I’ve got a Prius, looks crap but great on petrol) .
I shouldn’t have bought it but couldn’t not listen to the voices !! ,
I was very impressed with the instructions and about 9 sheets of plans , the wood is milled out rather than laxer cut , so lots of sawdust good selection of etch and white metal parts , missing a couple of dowels for the masts I’ll have to contact jotika for replacements, not sure if this is the right part of this forum to post this ,
Also I’m old school I’ve typed this out with one finger got to rest it now all the best Ian CD86FE88-4D7E-4201-9255-A2C152AA3CA0.jpegD9964BD3-455E-4F67-B385-9D85F034D88F.jpeg

This was my first model which I have recently finished, and had a lot of fun working on it. It's a great kit with generally very good instructions and plan sheets. One thing I found very helpful were HM Badger build out ship logs & pictures on this website and the Model Ship World /Nautical Research Guild website. Best of luck

This was my first model which I have recently finished, and had a lot of fun working on it. It's a great kit with generally very good instructions and plan sheets. One thing I found very helpful were HM Badger build out ship logs & pictures on this website and the Model Ship World /Nautical Research Guild website. Best of luck
Thanks andy

@Red dragon you can't go wrong with a JoTiKa/Caldercraft kit. The Badger has better instructions than most Caldercraft kits so you should be in good hands.

Good luck!

Great stater kit. The CC victory, although well documented assumes you know what you are doing and is a LONG project with HUGE space req to get around the kit whilst building.

Could someone kindly point me to a build log for HMS Badger
Here is one:

and this one was started a very short time ago

Back