Hms Alert 1777 1:48 by LanHai

View attachment 138405
Hello Lanhai, Impressive build.
Would like to know more about the material you use to imitate the tar (see photo)?
In China we have some discussion groups for model enthusiast and Lanhai is in the groud too. He say it's mixed by white glue and black ink. For the scale of glue and ink we have to test by ourself because the ink which we can available is different

added to the list?
Thanks so much,
put me on the list, I can ask you for information.
cost of the kit and the website on the internet to see if there are also other kits on sale
Thank you for your kindness and availability
Antonio

Last edited by a moderator:
In China we have some discussion groups for model enthusiast and Lanhai is in the groud too. He say it's mixed by white glue and black ink. For the scale of glue and ink we have to test by ourself because the ink which we can available is different
Very useful thank you. Roland Vlahovic had the same on his Alert, I'd been wondering how he did it. The ink doesn't soak into the wood? I suppose it depends on the type of ink. Is it permanent or water soluble??

Very useful thank you. Roland Vlahovic had the same on his Alert, I'd been wondering how he did it. The ink doesn't soak into the wood? I suppose it depends on the type of ink. Is it permanent or water soluble??
It's no doubt that this way is not sutible for all type of wood. Before using in the kit we have to test whether it will soak into the wood. And for the type of ink I don't know too. One day I use this way I will purchase several type of ink to test

Thanks so much,
put me on the list, I can ask you for information.
cost of the kit and the website on the internet to see if there are also other kits on sale
Thank you for your kindness and availability
Antonio
Hallo Antonio,
you are on the list of interested members

It's no doubt that this way is not sutible for all type of wood. Before using in the kit we have to test whether it will soak into the wood. And for the type of ink I don't know too. One day I use this way I will purchase several type of ink to test
Yes, experimentation first. I shall try different inks with cherry, my go to wood due to it's availability in the UK and similarity with pear.

Here's Lanhai's response。
About asphalt imitation. It is a combination of Niutou latex and carbon ink. (no need to apply shellac to the bonding area to prevent wood contamination). The rubber is dry and polished. 2. Roman numerals are hand carved. Thank you!

1.jpg

Hallo Antonio,
you are on the list of interested members

please add me to the List...thanks

Back