HMS Bounty by Canoe21 { Lawrence } using Amati build plans, Scale 1:60

Canoe21

Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I just joined the SOS Form a few days ago and being at the close of my HMS Bounty build I wanted to share a few pictures of the completing of this great little ship the Bounty. I did have a bit of a problem with two of the Center Sails on the Fore and Mane Mast, these sails were given to me from a shipmate in Naples, Florida. It seems that Amati had a cut out drawn on these two sails to show the two Mast Platforms that I did not like so I tried to hide it with a couple of coats of paint that my Admiral was quick to condemn. So I had to redraw them and have my Admiral resew them and then the little fellows and I reinstalled them on our HMS Bounty. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

PS - I am adding a few pictures of the beginning of my HMS Bounty Build at the beginning of my build log as I started this build log as to where I was when I first joined the SOS last year, I think this a bit more fitting rather than jump into the end of the Bounty Build as I have Previously done, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_0258.jpgIMG_0330.jpgIMG_0333.jpgIMG_0329.jpgscan0012.jpgIMG_4388.jpgIMG_3965.jpgIMG_3976.jpgIMG_4335.jpgIMG_3999.jpgIMG_4177.jpgIMG_4116.jpgpost-302-0-46836400-1468354773_thumb.jpgpost-302-0-07699200-1464022703_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Gary

I thank you very much for your visit , and also for your very kind words. My HMS Bounty is not rely much of a build log more of a closing note. Yes Bounty was a fun and enjoyable ship to build over almost a full year. Today I put in an order for a set of Harold Underhill plans for the Elizabethan Gallant for my next build as these plans do sound rather challenging, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

She's looks gorgeous in the sun Lawrence. I had feared I would not see her finished (no longer on msw), so I am very glad to see the finished result posted here. Much inspiration for my up and coming Bounty build. Regards to the admiral and the little fellows.

Hello Gemma JF

I do thank you very much for follow My Build log both on the MSW and also here on the MSB Form, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I found this web sight when looking for build plans for the Spanish Gallon the San Francisco II, quite by accident. This web sight seams to be extra friendly and also very help full so I decided to add a few pictures of the close to my HMS Bounty Build. I believe that I will put together a slide show of my Bounty build and if I do I will post it on the end of my new little build log here on the MSB Form, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Lawrence my friend :D

I am glad that you posted photos of your HMS Bounty here. I to did not expect to see her complete as I have been banished else where too. There are certain points of your build that stuck in my mind like that you and the little fellas built like that rickety old flag locker. The copper plating on the ships hull.

Yes Lawrence we did ENJOY your build very much and your humor.

I for one will be looking forward to seeing the power point slide show.

I also hope that we see your build logs down here on SOS

You are correct that this is a real friendly forum.

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence my friend :D

I am glad that you posted photos of your HMS Bounty. I to did not expect to see her complete as I have been banished from MSW too. There are certain points of your build that stuck in my mind like that you and the little fellas built like that rickety old flag locker. The copper plating on the ships hull.

Yes Lawrence we did ENJOY your build very much and your humor.

I for one will be looking forward to seeing the power point slide show.

I also hope that we see your build logs down here on SOS

You are correct that this is a real friendly forum.

Cheers
Geoff
Hello Geoff
I thank you very much for your visit to my little build log on the HMS Bounty, also for your very kind words and comments. Yes the little fellows and I like to kid around just a bit for the fun of it, can see no harm in that. The Flag Locker that I added to my Bounty build was on the original Bounty Plans, I did question that my self and that is why we added it, along with a few personal touches just to make her a bit more interesting.
Have not started to work on my slide show as yet, but have been very busy looking for build plans or ideas for a display case for Bounty, I do believe that I do have it figured out and will soon start a few trial joints to see if it will work. ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Very nice model. I hope my version of the Bounty comes out as well :handgestures-thumbup: :music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Sgtmik said:
Very nice model. I hope my version of the Bounty comes out as well :handgestures-thumbup: :music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Hello Mike

I thank you very much for your visit to build log on the HMS Bounty, for your very kind words and comments. Yes, Mike, I am sure your Bounty will be a beauty, just take your time and enjoy your build, it's a hobby and not a job. Just do the best that you can and you will be very pleased with your results, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence }

Hello Ship Mates

Today I put togeather a slide show on the HMS Bounty Build. A few of the pictures are out of sequence but not that bad that I would have to rearrange them, please forgive me for the mix-up.

To view please view on a full screen and turn on your speakers as I have added a bit of background music Click on the lower link and I hope that you enjoy this slideshow as much as I had in building the HMS Bounty.

http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4455794e5463304d7a453d0d0a&blogview=true

Hi Lawrence,
I visited you build log and you have a beautiful model. Thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbup: :text-thankyouyellow:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
I visited you build log and you have a beautiful model. Thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbup: :text-thankyouyellow:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Hello Mike

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the HMS Bounty, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I trust that you watched my little slide show on the attached link, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence ]

Lawrence.

Thanks for producing the slide show for all of us to ENJOY.

The slideshow brought back memories of your journey with the Bounty build.

She is a thing of beauty and a excellent build.

The build also reinforced for me some of the thing you did like paint underneath the copper tiles. Mounting of the deck furniture and gratings once the varnished had been applied.

Some of the build I got to see but never the complered model.

An excellent job :D

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence.

Thanks for producing the slide show for all of us to ENJOY.

The slideshow brought back memories of your journey with the Bounty build.

She is a thing of beauty and a excellent build.

The build also reinforced for me some of the thing you did like paint underneath the copper tiles. Mounting of the deck furniture and gratings once the varnished had been applied.

Some of the build I got to see but never the complered model.

An excellent job :D

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff

I thank you very much for your visit to my little build log on the HMS Bounty, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed my little slide show, I kind of figured that it would be a rather nice way to end my HMS Bounty build log. However, I still have that idea of building a display case for her but must up enough get up and go in order to do so, ENJOY.

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have started to build our Display Case for the HMS Bounty. We have built the base unit and applied cherry trim around the outer edges. This wood has kicked around in my garage for over 20 years now and has acquired a few light scratches and still needs to be cleaned up, I ordered a tin of black cherry stain yesterday to touch up the saw cuts a bit. Now I must determine the top rail height to allow room for the door to sit Bounty inside and then cut my glass and build the three outside panels, the door will come later along with the glass top, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence }img_4432.jpgimg_4433.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence

I just looked at the pictures and presentation and you really did an excellent job.
I can see the details in the presentation, and see how much you enjoyed building.
Outdoor picture is very realistic, you just need a sea and movie is here :D .
Part of the presentation in which you are display a black rope ( I don't know fow you call it in English) with no sails is the most beautiful for me. Irish music is behind it?

regards
Barba

Hello Barba

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed my little Slide Show of building the HMS Bounty, the music does seem to add to its enjoyment, always kind of liked that Celtic music and being the HMS Bounty was an English ship seem to fit in very well.

Yes, I did enjoy building this ship very much and I am still at building a display case for her to live in. I will post a few pictures in a day or so as I have just added the three glass panels and now I must build the door and cut the glass for the top.

I do believe the black ropes that you are referring to in the slide show are called the Shrouds and the Stays along with the Bracing, ENJOY

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and also for your overly nice comments.

Today the little fellows and I have stained and given the case a coat of varnish. It still needs a few touch ups but we feel that it is looking rather nice and should make a fine home for Bounty. Today we must buy a couple of hinges and a latch for the door that we will make a bit later on. We did find a thicker piece of glass for the top, but that is another story cutting the thicker glass and securing it with a bit of silicone, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence }img_4434.jpgimg_4435.jpgimg_4436.jpgimg_4437.jpg

Last edited:
Lawrence

The display case is coming along nicely with the black cherry stain. No doubt it will and also the little ship the HMS Bounty will take pride and pleasure in your house.

The build of the HMS Bounty and the display case look magnificent.

A job, well it is not a job, a past time that has given you many hours of pleasure.

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence

The display case is coming along nicely with the black cherry stain. No doubt it will and also the little ship the HMS Bounty will take pride and pleasure in your house.

The build of the HMS Bounty and the display case look magnificent.

A job, well it is not a job, a past time that has given you many hours of pleasure.

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff
I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Spent most of my day searching for a catch for the door on the display case, purchased one from Home Hardware, but it was two large and did not fit properly, so I returned it and got one of those little magnetite ones that I figured would do the job but upon holding it up to the case it also was a no go. Finally found the jewelry box antique catches on Amazon.ca for a few dollars, very cheap and I do imagine that they will come from china in a couple of weeks or so, ENJOY.

Back