HMS Bounty Jolly Boat Plans

Interested in trying my hand at scratch building and wanting to start off with something simple. Can anyone direct me to where I can find plans for an HMS Bounty Jolly Boat? I have looked all over the internet but unable to find any.

Interested in trying my hand at scratch building and wanting to start off with something simple. Can anyone direct me to where I can find plans for an HMS Bounty Jolly Boat? I have looked all over the internet but unable to find any.
A very good resource will be the book by John McKay of the Anatomy series

But there are maybe other sources describing the boats of this period more in detail

A very good resource will be the book by John McKay of the Anatomy series

But there are maybe other sources describing the boats of this period more in detail
Thank you. Downloaded the book and the last page of the book had drawings that should help. Later on I was told that there are 120 pages in the book but the electronic copy only went to 101. The other pages also included additional drawings of the J boats.

Last edited:
Ran into a stroke of luck last night. I was roaming ebay last night and found someone selling the Artesania Latina HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat Kit, 1/25 Scale for $39.99 plus shipping. That is about 1/2 price than if I purchased it from a retailer. Unfortunately, all retailers were out of the kit because of the manufacturing shutdown in Italy. Probably an older kit version but from the photos, it all looks like it is a complete set and in great shape. We'll see this Thursday when it will be delivered. Thank you for everyone's interest in this post.

Ran into a stroke of luck last night. I was roaming ebay last night and found someone selling the Artesania Latina HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat Kit, 1/25 Scale for $39.99 plus shipping. That is about 1/2 price than if I purchased it from a retailer. Unfortunately, all retailers were out of the kit because of the manufacturing shutdown in Italy. Probably an older kit version but from the photos, it all looks like it is a complete set and in great shape. We'll see this Thursday when it will be delivered. Thank you for everyone's interest in this post.
Lucky guy - and the kit is looking very good, so you can mike especially in this bigger scale a very interesting model.
11.jpg
So can we expect a small kit review and a building log? Hope so.....

Received the above kit via ebay yesterday. Everything is included in the kit. The only difference I can see between the one I received and the current ones shipping is the sails. Sails on the current versions have sails included already made. This kid comes with the cloth and you make your own sails. I would rather make my own sail anyway. They are fun to make. Current prices for this model are between $60 - $119.

Back