HMS Bounty scale 1:30

Nei, det er bygget fra tegninger. Ikke byggesett. Syntes byggesett er for unøyaktig. Håper jeg kan få litt hjelp etter vært som byggingen skrider frem

No, it's built from drawings. Not a kit. Generic kits are too inaccurate. Hope I can get some help for the host as the construction progresses

Hallo and welcome to Norway on board of our forum.

Interesting, that you started your built with projects in the project. (anchors and tree nails)

Which documents or plans are you using for your built in scale 1:30 :cool: ? - BTW: an interesting scale!

Good luck for this build.
Why boxwood and bamboo ?
I thougt about using because it was recommended as a good material to bould in. Uses bamboo plugs because it get nice and strong joining, and because it is a prosedure used in Harold.A.Underhills bok.

I`d say l`m pretty fresh on that type of ship when IT comes to rigging as l´v mostly built Colin Archer boats.

Sorry my English.This is Google Translate english

Hallo and welcome to Norway on board of our forum.

Interesting, that you started your built with projects in the project. (anchors and tree nails)

Which documents or plans are you using for your built in scale 1:30 :cool: ? - BTW: an interesting scale!

I used plans from Internett and plans from Royal Museums Greenwich. Book. John Mckay. The armed transport.

Hello, Are the bamboo pluggs for planking and what is the length of each?

I´m going to use the pluggs everywhere instead of pins. Also for planking and deck. The length of the pluggs now is about 42 mm. But of course l´ll cut them in the wish a long time later, so l can use the same plug on several holes.

Like Knut mentioned already - we will be happy to your progress on your Bounty :cool:

Back