Dahai Model - New Design Hms Minerva 1780 POF Stern section

Wonderful response, DaHai. An example above of CNC processing is superb. Literally, with such precision processing, the modeler, only has to carefully assemble! WOW, I am thrilled with the quality of such complex parts fitting.

View attachment 221422

Looking forward to the build log of the pilot model! Thumbs-Up
Imagine the whole ship with this quality plus the carving decorations

Imagine the whole ship with this quality plus the carving decorations
Well, we have seen many 3D designs, and they all looking great. I even thought about the 3D ship modeling competition. But what actually makes me believe that this project is not just about 3D design, is the actual stern parts produced by CNC, they are 'Top-notch' with the notches fit precise. This type of CNC processing should make up a great model.

Just for future reference,imagine that you have 3-4 sections of the kit and just put them together to make up a full ship
Here the three section models of the Bonhomme Richard built by Karl alias @Jeronimo is coming into my mind

which are making a highly interesting set - especially for me interesting is the fact, that you can build the different decks and the interior in much more details - everything is visible and can be shown.

BTW: Karl @Jeronimo : Do you have some photos showing your three models close to each other ? Somehow forming a complete ship......

I'm DaHaimodel,In fact, DahaiModel is a team of 3D designers, ModelBuilder and ship model experts from Europe and China. Dahaimodel is committed to developing original and legitimate kit projects, cooperating with SOS forum to promote these projects, and sharing the fun of model development and model build with all enthusiasts (members).
First of all, I would like to thank SOS forum for providing such a good platform. I would also like to thank zoly99sask, Uwek, Jimsky and Donnie for their
great support and help in this project, they providing a lot of historical research materials and modification opinions. Many thanks to them!

Before the start of this project, SOS forum helped us get in touch with NMM and proposed to NMM a commercial license to purchase the original draughts. We got a written license (contract) from NMM, so we developed this project based on the draughts of NMM

You can not change the way the world works overnight but you can create a way to improving things. One way is not to kick companies to the curb, ban them and bully them to comply with your ideas. Working together is what brings projects like this one and other up coming ones to the hobby.
Through our research we found if you use any plan in any way held by any museum and use that drawing for commercial use you need a license. That is step one and our team is here to help every step of the way.

Ships of Scale is the first and only on line platform that welcomes everyone and are willing to work with everyone to improve and advance the hobby.
As more and more designers, researchers and fabricators from around the world join our efforts you will see unprecedented advancements in the hobby.

a thank you to the DahaiModel team, YQ Models and other up coming dedicated people for a job well done.

I'm DaHaimodel,In fact, DahaiModel is a team of 3D designers, ModelBuilder and ship model experts from Europe and China. Dahaimodel is committed to developing original and legitimate kit projects, cooperating with SOS forum to promote these projects, and sharing the fun of model development and model build with all enthusiasts (members).
First of all, I would like to thank SOS forum for providing such a good platform. I would also like to thank zoly99sask, Uwek, Jimsky and Donnie for their
great support and help in this project, they providing a lot of historical research materials and modification opinions. Many thanks to them!

Before the start of this project, SOS forum helped us get in touch with NMM and proposed to NMM a commercial license to purchase the original draughts. We got a written license (contract) from NMM, so we developed this project based on the draughts of NMM

You can not change the way the world works overnight but you can create a way to improving things. One way is not to kick companies to the curb, ban them and bully them to comply with your ideas. Working together is what brings projects like this one and other up coming ones to the hobby.
Through our research we found if you use any plan in any way held by any museum and use that drawing for commercial use you need a license. That is step one and our team is here to help every step of the way.

Ships of Scale is the first and only on line platform that welcomes everyone and are willing to work with everyone to improve and advance the hobby.
As more and more designers, researchers and fabricators from around the world join our efforts you will see unprecedented advancements in the hobby.

a thank you to the DahaiModel team, YQ Models and other up coming dedicated people for a job well done.
Many more new projects will come to Sos,just stay tuned ;)

Hello Uwe.
Nein, habe ich nicht.
Grüsse
Karl

No, unfortunately I haven't.
I can't put them on a table together either.
The middle part with the main mast has a height of ca. 1,50 m including the protective cover.View attachment 221614
Just curious - how you can close the cover of 1,50m over the model of 1,5m?
so you need 3m minimum height, standing on a ladder......

Yes indeed, the new members come across from the KIR site out of curiosity. We thank KIR for their free advertising.

as long as we develop new and interesting projects more and more builders come to check us out, and many of them end up becoming members.
Keep up the good work on your alfred it is looking great.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance. but what's KIR? Another stunning kit from China. Unbeatable!

actually that was a private joke between Brian and myself it had nothing to do with topic or anything to do with the hobby in general. zoltans said it clearly so lets forget about it.

getting back to the topic if i may ask how long does it take to develop a 3D model like the one we are looking at here?

actually that was a private joke between Brian and myself it had nothing to do with topic or anything to do with the hobby in general. zoltans said it clearly so lets forget about it.

getting back to the topic if i may ask how long does it take to develop a 3D model like the one we are looking at here?
Dave ,it took about 6-8 months

Last edited:
Dave ,it too about 6-8 months

that sounds about right, i was wondering if i was just slow. The other day i thought heck i can actually build the model just as fast as 3D modeling it.

Another stunning kit from China. Unbeatable!

i do believe we will be seeing much more out of designers and manufactures of kits out of China. This model is what i would consider state of the art in the hobby.
It makes me wonder why nothing like this is being done here in North America or Europe? We seem to be 30 years behind in design and development. There are very few new companies and the ones that did crop up are the same old plank on bulkhead construction and do not come close to what is being done in China.

i took another look at the project presented here and it is stunning in all respect from the CAD work to the 3D modeling and i do believe they will carry it right through to fabrication.

Dahai Model team who are these guys, what is their back round in CAD and modeling? there is no doubt they know what they are doing and they are doing it well.

stunning pictures and an ambitious project - well, both actually, the cross-sections and the full model ;)

Did you mention the scale you are planing to go anywhere? ...went twice throu the threat, but the pictures seem to have distraced me too much :)

stunning pictures and an ambitious project - well, both actually, the cross-sections and the full model ;)

Did you mention the scale you are planing to go anywhere? ...went twice throu the threat, but the pictures seem to have distraced me too much :)
I believe 1:48 the mass production scale but I think can be produced other scales too

Back