HMS PEGASUS

She is looking very good - a very good model
but I have to ask: Will you finish her?
as wee see some parts of the standing rigging (top masts) and the the running rigging is missing...

as wee see some parts of the standing rigging (top masts) and the the running rigging is missing...
Thank you Uwek. I will most definitely finish her. As you say, there is still a lot of work in progress. I am finishing the ratlines at the moment. Then will do the back stays for the fore mast and main mast stays to finish the standing rigging (l calculate about 5 to 6 weeks). Then start all the running rigging. I have already made all the yards, so hope to finish her some time this Autumn.

DSC02977.JPG

I I just finished 2nd planking. I noticed you use a lighter wood for the upper planking along the gun ports. What type is it? I’ve got a lot of work to. Any special problems with the yards?

I I just finished 2nd planking. I noticed you use a lighter wood for the upper planking along the gun ports. What type is it? I’ve got a lot of work to. Any special problems with the yards?
Hi Buffalo Jack. It's just the way the camera has caught the light. I have used the same wood for all the 2nd planking on the hull. Walnut. Are you building Pegasus too. I haven't had any particular problems with the yards, just the hexagonal centre sections were a bit of job to get looking sort of right
Beautiful work. Nice to see what my effort could look like
Thank you very much

I wonder if Uwe was confused as I was with your wording, calling these the "last photos", meaning the latest photos. I at first thought you meant "last" as in "final". All clear now though! Anyway, it is a beautiful rendering of the ship/

I wonder if Uwe was confused as I was with your wording, calling these the "last photos", meaning the latest photos. I at first thought you meant "last" as in "final". All clear now though! Anyway, it is a beautiful rendering of the ship/
Sorry for any confusion caused by my choice of wording. No, this is definitely not the finale of Pegasus. I'm just getting back into the swing again after a serious health problem. I would like to make regular progress reports, but being new to this group, I'm not yet used to navigating my way around and am not really sure where is the best place to post my photos. Can anyone advise please

Back