Hms Prince

loved this kit by aeropiccola.......amazingly close to the model at the south kengsington museum in london.......i modified the shape of the hull a bit, and narrowed the forecastle a bit......oh yes, and i used pearwood....

hms prince.jpgdscn0828s.jpg

Last edited:
That is one beautiful model Victor :cool: Don't panic everyone,this kit was adopted by Mamoli when Aeropiccola went south and sold under their mini Mamoli line.Daniel Dusek took Mamoli over and is slowly working his way through reproducing all their kits.Fingers crossed we will see this kit back on the market,albeit with a different manufacturers name on the boxThumbsup

Kind Regards

Nigel

that's really good news...its actually my favorite model....let's hope there will still be enough modelers left to enjoy them.....i figure it's a struggling business these days....but maybe there will be a resurgence, when people get tired of punching gaming controllers :) how about some t-shirts saying GO 3D...............................................oh......i have an almost complete set of molded decorations if anyone wants them.....

that's really good news...its actually my favorite model....let's hope there will still be enough modelers left to enjoy them.....i figure it's a struggling business these days....but maybe there will be a resurgence, when people get tired of punching gaming controllers :) how about some t-shirts saying GO 3D...............................................oh......i have an almost complete set of molded decorations if anyone wants them.....

Don't tempt me Victor,I bought the plans for this kit when it was marketed by Mamoli ROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Mamoli must have upgraded them when they relaunched the kit.There are bulkhead profiles and main keel outline/bulkhead positions on one of the sheets,this was standard practice for Mamoli.I do also know they replaced the pressed wood with cast metal,otherwise just the same as the original.I will have a ponder....MMM ROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Great models you are showing us here in the Gallery of completed builts.
WOW - I am looking forward to see your actual project in a building log - would be very interesting

loved this kit by aeropiccola.......amazingly close to the model at the south kengsington museum in london.......i modified the shape of the hull a bit, and narrowed the forecastle a bit......oh yes, and i used pearwood....
Hi Victor,

Love your modifications to this kit. I build her myself some 30 years ago when I was still at school and I fully agree with you. I stil have her and she is one of my favorite models too.
Just a nice small scale beauty below in the picture on the right with rigging.
20200117_171658.jpg

Hallo Victor, alias @yancovitch ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake
Hope to see much more of your amazing models

Hallo Victor, alias @yancovitch ,
already one more year .....
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @yancovitch
Birthday-Cake
btw: just beautiful ...... are you working actual on a project? would be very interesting to see your work

Back