HMS SotS Gun Carriages ?

Ahoy!
Kurt - Scale 1/84. Ok, no problem ;-)

But....... barrels on board SotS - this is not a simple matter.
John McKay noted in his book, that the barrels had a mark "Tudor rose". This is marked on the ship plans. (see attachment)
Szkutnik's spies have reported, that the sailing ship SotS was equipped also with guns with a sign "Peacock feathers" (Your photo of barrel). We know (absolute certainty) that in 1638 John Browne delivered on the ship 5 pieces of barrels with the sign "Peacocks feathers". We know that there were definitely more barrels with a sign "Tudor rose" than barrels with a sign "Peacock feathers".
How much was ultimately barrels with the sign "Peacocks feathers"? Where were the guns located?????? ..... we do not know.

Never mine - I will try design barrels with both marks.

Tudor rose.jpg

Yes. 1:84. The ship I will build is based on the DeAgostini model kit.
Ahoy!
Kurt - Scale 1/84. Ok, no problem ;-)

But....... barrels on board SotS - this is not a simple matter.
John McKay noted in his book, that the barrels had a mark "Tudor rose". This is marked on the ship plans. (see attachment)
Szkutnik's spies have reported, that the sailing ship SotS was equipped also with guns with a sign "Peacock feathers" (Your photo of barrel). We know (absolute certainty) that in 1638 John Browne delivered on the ship 5 pieces of barrels with the sign "Peacocks feathers". We know that there were definitely more barrels with a sign "Tudor rose" than barrels with a sign "Peacock feathers".
How much was ultimately barrels with the sign "Peacocks feathers"? Where were the guns located?????? ..... we do not know.

Never mine - I will try design barrels with both marks.

View attachment 151486
If you make such barrels, I will use them only on the upper decks, so the culverins need to be sized accordingly.. . . wait a second.. you have SPIES? NICE !
As far as markings, your guess is as good as mine.

Ahoy!
Kurt - you wrote....... so the culverins need to be sized accordingly....
I agree. Accordingly with ships plans.... YES. But will be suitable sizes with the De Agostini model? I'm having doubts.

Ahoy!
Kurt - you wrote....... so the culverins need to be sized accordingly....
I agree. Accordingly with ships plans.... YES. But will be suitable sizes with the De Agostini model? I'm having doubts.
I am replacing all the culverin, demi-culverin, and other gun barrels on the DeAgostini model. Some of the four wheeled trucks may be used, all the other trucks will be made from scratch. The DeAgostini model is 1:84 scale. Many changes and improvements will be made to the model. If you can provide authentic barrels for the cannons visible on the upper decks which are visible, I am willing to buy some. I already have a full set of barrels purchased in a variety of lengths for all 102 guns on SotS, but your barrels would have the correct markings and details.

Ahoy!

Kurt: Can you write me - What kind of barrels are you interested from Szkutnik? (culverin, demi-culverin.......) How many pieces of each barrel do you need? How many pieces with the mark "Tudor rose"?
The 3D BARRELS project for SotS will be made in 1/12 scale.
At the moment there is a lack of interest of barrels from other forum users. I will try to make barrels chosen by you only.

Ahoy!

Kurt: Can you write me - What kind of barrels are you interested from Szkutnik? (culverin, demi-culverin.......) How many pieces of each barrel do you need? How many pieces with the mark "Tudor rose"?
The 3D BARRELS project for SotS will be made in 1/12 scale.
At the moment there is a lack of interest of barrels from other forum users. I will try to make barrels chosen by you only.
I can not answer that question this early, since I have not started building SotS yet. It may be up to a year away. SotS is the next ship to be built after I finish La Couronne. When I get to the stage where the hull is mostly complete and the cannons are being planned for the upper decks, then I can give you a precise count of the barrels by size and design type. At this point, I am researching sources of parts and information.

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath
Staff member
Systems Administrator II
Blandford Group Build

Too many Kurt's here at times, gets me confused when I read.

Kurt Konrath

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build