HMS Surprise 1801 1:72scale Shicheng Model [COMPLETED BUILD]

Everyone encourages me to continue the topic of modeling. I made the bronze armor old.I used copper green solution instead of paint because it will fit the real color better HMS_Surprise_%28replica_ship%29_port_side_8.jpgentertainment1b.jpgRegarding the old-fashioning of the bronze armor, I have referred to many real ships, such as the replica ship of Surprise.

The plates are looking extremely realistic - please explain more in detail, which fluid "copper green solution" you used.....

What I bought is a set of copper greening agent, which contains activator, blackening agent, greening agent, and sealant. The price is not expensive, but I don’t know where you can buy it.IMG_2193.PNG

Sorry for the translation problem. I really didn’t understand what you mean.

Alguien me puede decir dónde puedo comprar chapa de cobre de carenar, ya grabada?

Can someone tell me where I can buy copper plate to be finished, already engraved?

I think he is asking, where he can buy such copper plates already prepared with the nailing pattern.

F.e. @CAFmodel us selling them in sheets

and as I know from a talk with Tom (from CAF) he can maybe organize / produce such sheets also in different scale and or different pattern of the nailing

He used them on his scratch build of his Le Cygne sister La Cyclope (post #13)

but maybe there are other suppliers out there, so maybe @fj3131030 can show or explain more about his plates

Do you know of anyone who has an English language instruction manual for the Shicheng W014 HMS Surprise kit? Mine is in Chinese and does me little good beyond looking at the pictures. I would pay for the copy and postage fees. Joe

I like your coppering on the hull very much - very authentic in my opinion
You mentioned "nails" - so which part of the ship will be nailed? I am looking forward ....

Very nice work, but I would be very careful about giving the ship's cat access to your model. My build was damaged last Christmas eve by my daughter's cat who attacked the ratlines and rigging. I found it on the floor.

Very nice work, but I would be very careful about giving the ship's cat access to your model. My build was damaged last Christmas eve by my daughter's cat who attacked the ratlines and rigging. I found it on the floor.
just yesterday I wrote somewhere in another post...... our pets can be sometimes little devils - but like with our childrens - we love them, also after such attacks to our work
David, a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I like your coppering on the hull very much - very authentic in my opinion
You mentioned "nails" - so which part of the ship will be nailed? I am looking forward ....
At present, I only plan to nail nails in the yellow part of the hull and work overtime. I am considering using fishing line as nails like the Enterprise.

My cat often attacks my model. I’m used to it. But for me, the happiness a cat brings to me is far greater than the pain of the model being attacked.;)

Back