HMS Terror Occre

I haven't built a ship in 20 years and then only to finish up a Victory 1:72 scale. I got a commission to build aircraft dioramas and that is what I have done since. I am 81 years old now and need something to do. So much has changed since I started building back in 1975 when modeling was a solitary hobby with little connection to the outside world. Today it is information overload with step-by-step color pics and building instructions. I have been making lots of inquires about what is on the market today and decided upon HMS Terror because of it's close connection to Canada and Occre because of its reputation as one of the best manufacturers around today. I am presently waiting for postal delivery of the kit but in the meantime, I am doing lots of research without even leaving the house. Old-timers like myself will know what I mean. I am extremely lucky to still have my hands and eyes and brains (I think) The only thing different seems to be my stamina Where I used to go all day, now it is only a few hours at a time. Anyway, my rushing to get things done seems silly to me now. Cheers! John.

Unfortunately years ago when I thought that I would never be building ships again I threw away a lot of stuff from when I was scratch building I wish I had back today. Hand-made linen rope and the machine for making it (ropewalk) etc.. The lesson here is "it's never over till it's over) and I thought at 60 I was growing old!

Hello John it is great to see you again. There was huge interest in your intended build of the HMS Lawrence, so I will follow your build with interest.

I am looking forward to see your HMS Terror building log

Hi John

This Thanksgiving week we all, probably, have been bombarded with model ship kits offers from many sellers. One of those have this ship, the HMS Terror. Her name trapped me because of its potential meanings:

So i started to read the summary posted by the manufacturer and looked more info on internet. There I found the bellow video. And now I open SOS and saw your built log. I said to myself "what a coincidence ", before I haven't heard at all of this kit and suddenly.... here it is a build log.

All the best on your build !!!! I will follow it.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi John, It is great to see another Canuk building HMS Terror. I am at the deck furniture stage and the going is slow. I share your age bracket, so slow and steady is the pace. Looking forward to your posts.

Hi John, I'll watch intently as the Terror may be my next, and second, build. I am working on my first ever build, the OcCre Albatros now. I'm about to start the rigging. I'm new to this site. I found this website I wanted to share, not sure if you or anyone in the group has seen it https://www.occremania.com/naval/. Good luck with your build! Kramer.

Hi John, I'll watch intently as the Terror may be my next, and second, build. I am working on my first ever build, the OcCre Albatros now. I'm about to start the rigging. I'm new to this site. I found this website I wanted to share, not sure if you or anyone in the group has seen it https://www.occremania.com/naval/. Good luck with your build! Kramer.
Funny I just purchased the Albatros as my second build waiting for it to be delivered.

I haven't built a ship in 20 years and then only to finish up a Victory 1:72 scale. I got a commission to build aircraft dioramas and that is what I have done since. I am 81 years old now and need something to do. So much has changed since I started building back in 1975 when modeling was a solitary hobby with little connection to the outside world. Today it is information overload with step-by-step color pics and building instructions. I have been making lots of inquires about what is on the market today and decided upon HMS Terror because of it's close connection to Canada and Occre because of its reputation as one of the best manufacturers around today. I am presently waiting for postal delivery of the kit but in the meantime, I am doing lots of research without even leaving the house. Old-timers like myself will know what I mean. I am extremely lucky to still have my hands and eyes and brains (I think) The only thing different seems to be my stamina Where I used to go all day, now it is only a few hours at a time. Anyway, my rushing to get things done seems silly to me now. Cheers! John.
Hallo John alias @John Reid
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back