HMS Victory 1:98 Corel.

Hi Dave, great build, looking to be a show piece. Your detailed work is remarkable. I just got the same kit. While doing my inventory I noticed the pressed wood parts on cardstock. How did you cut out these parts? And how did you produce the curves. Also what colour stain did you use?

To cut out the pressed wood parts I scribed around them and verry carfuly scraped them off with a razor blade. What ever you do don't get them wet, thay will fall apart. I'm not sure what curves you are talking about, but the pressed piecies will bend some. I think, for the stain I used a water base cherry stain and clear water base polly satin finish over top.

This will be my first build log. My name is Dave Myers I am a 64-year-old Elevator Mechanic in the Philadelphia area. This is my second ship model, my first build was a solid hull construction of the USS Constitution. I started this build about 20 years ago. It was in storage for most of the time, but now I am returning to it. I am a slow worker maybe just a few hours a week. I will post pictures of my current progress.

I have learned a lot with this build. There are some mistakes, but sometimes you can learn more that way. For my first planked hull I think I did OK. I thought the hard part was over when I started on the standing rigging. I need to learn how to be more delicate. Finding it difficult with my fat fingers.
Hallo @myavid76
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

This will be my first build log. My name is Dave Myers I am a 64-year-old Elevator Mechanic in the Philadelphia area. This is my second ship model, my first build was a solid hull construction of the USS Constitution. I started this build about 20 years ago. It was in storage for most of the time, but now I am returning to it. I am a slow worker maybe just a few hours a week. I will post pictures of my current progress.

I have learned a lot with this build. There are some mistakes, but sometimes you can learn more that way. For my first planked hull I think I did OK. I thought the hard part was over when I started on the standing rigging. I need to learn how to be more delicate. Finding it difficult with my fat fingers.
Hallo @myavid76
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back