HMS Victory: 1:98 Mantua POB kit, circa 1980

I also have this beauty of a kit. If you contact Mantua they will send you a complete "how to" manual. It's actually quite good. I bought this kit in or around 1980 and was stunned to realize I probably didn't have the skills to put it together. However this winter I will be attacking it. The original wood is still in excellent condition. A bit of advice: buy many blades for the scroll saw. It's a bit of a beast.

John
The winter is coming soon.....so can we expect a new building log.?....hope so

Kit was purchased from a hobby store in late 2016, but had apparently been made sometime around 1980. The owner was not sure how he came to have the kit in his store--estate sale?... who knows. The plans (not instructions, mind you) are in four languages: English, Italian, German, French and are copyrighted 1971. I 'laid the keel' so to speak on January 16, 2017 and worked fairly diligently on it during the course of that year. This year, I've not had time to spend on it since around March 2018, and only recently (Sept. 2018) have been trying to get back to work on it. I've taken many photos during the course of construction, which I'll share below. I hope to continue sharing this build log as I continue work on her.

These photos illustrate the work completed within roughly the first month - January/Feb 2017

we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back