HMS Victory 1759 1:200 scale

decided to try my hand at copper bottoming thr vessel. i bought a 0.5mm thick copper plate and measured the individual plates to be the same width as the hull planking that came with the ship. its a little too big and not the straightest of lines but i think from afar it gives a good overall feel of the coppering. i've also been making the stirups for the dead eyes and have drilled holes fpr them to be recieved for the first level of rigging
20210808_154722.jpg

a little bit later than billed i have started doing the rigging. however i wonder if someone can help me out (Brian looking at you) the shrouds on the fore mast seem to vary in number depending on the source and those that go under the first partof the tree as oposed to those that go to the top

Attachments

• 16309996585377207219830060604436.jpg
    16309996585377207219830060604436.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 7
a little bit later than billed i have started doing the rigging. however i wonder if someone can help me out (Brian looking at you) the shrouds on the fore mast seem to vary in number depending on the source and those that go under the first partof the tree as oposed to those that go to the top
Over the time the rigging of the Victory changed several times, also the number and exact location of the shrouds

Over the time the rigging of the Victory changed several times, also the number and exact location of the shrouds
Thank you that's a great help

OOOOhh I am very jealous! Those look great and will definitely add to the detail and quality of the build. Oh how I wish I had a 3D printer to work with, but the Admiral in all her wisdom has decreed there shall be no new hobbies in our port at this time!

Can't wait to see how they look once you them clipped off the trees and painted up.

Great work!

Brian

OOOOhh I am very jealous! Those look great and will definitely add to the detail and quality of the build. Oh how I wish I had a 3D printer to work with, but the Admiral in all her wisdom has decreed there shall be no new hobbies in our port at this time!

Can't wait to see how they look once you them clipped off the trees and painted up.

Great work!

Brian
Cheers Brian, yeah apparently the elegoo is only £150 so not too bad for a 3D printer capable of that level of detail.

Attachments

• 20210928_122423.jpg
    20210928_122423.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9
Hello mates, I have embarked on creating this peculiar 1:200 Chinese representation of the HMS Victory, what I will say thus far is that the fits of most parts have been relatively good, however some of the hole sizes... someone mustn't have converted the diameters from PRC correctly as they are way off. My initial idea was to build this ship to float it on my koi pond hence the reason for buying a budget kit. I am wanting to add some ballast to make sure it sits properly in the water and can withstand being blown about without sinking. So I will also be making it watertight, however after starting the build I have realised that it is lacking in some major elements and any rigging plans
Hallo @cap'nTallon
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back