• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Hms Victory build

Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
4
Points
3
Hello all at Ships of Scale yes I know another Caldercraft Victory build.
This is my first build with wood and ive wanted to make this kit since the day i saw it was released some 20 odd years ago. I was young then and lacking financially to first purchase and then patients to build it but now at 47 I feel I can take this beast on and hopefully produce something nice once completed.
I won't be doing a full log just adding some progress updates at times. Hopefully you guys may think it worthy of a comment or two.
As you can see ive made some progress and now rather enjoying the second planking.
Be great to hear from some of you.

20260426_154830.jpg

20260426_154845.jpg

20260524_151344.jpg

20260524_151351.jpg

20260906_101939.jpg

20260906_101943.jpg

20260906_101950.jpg

20260906_183410.jpg

20260906_183415.jpg

20260927_160613.jpg

20260927_160618.jpg

20261003_163807.jpg

20261003_163811.jpg

20261004_162903.jpg

20261004_162905.jpg

20261010_155938.jpg
 
Hello all at Ships of Scale yes I know another Caldercraft Victory build.
This is my first build with wood and ive wanted to make this kit since the day i saw it was released some 20 odd years ago. I was young then and lacking financially to first purchase and then patients to build it but now at 47 I feel I can take this beast on and hopefully produce something nice once completed.
I won't be doing a full log just adding some progress updates at times. Hopefully you guys may think it worthy of a comment or two.
As you can see ive made some progress and now rather enjoying the second planking.
Be great to hear from some of you.

View attachment 642597

View attachment 642598

View attachment 642599

View attachment 642600

View attachment 642601

View attachment 642602

View attachment 642603

View attachment 642604

View attachment 642605

View attachment 642606

View attachment 642607

View attachment 642608

View attachment 642609

View attachment 642610

View attachment 642611

View attachment 642612
If you really love 18th century wooden ships of the line, but don't feel ready or ambitious enough to tackle a scratch build, this kit is my #1 choice. It is high quality and high detail. You could add some small details from your own research and photos of Victory, but all by itself the kit is one of the greatest out there. I never get tired of reading build logs of the Caldercraft HMS Victory.
 
Welcome aboard and congratulations on an impressive start to your Victory. The Caldercraft HMS Victory is my bucket list model. I only hoper I can do it as well as you have.
 
Hello all at Ships of Scale yes I know another Caldercraft Victory build.
This is my first build with wood and ive wanted to make this kit since the day i saw it was released some 20 odd years ago. I was young then and lacking financially to first purchase and then patients to build it but now at 47 I feel I can take this beast on and hopefully produce something nice once completed.
I won't be doing a full log just adding some progress updates at times. Hopefully you guys may think it worthy of a comment or two.
As you can see ive made some progress and now rather enjoying the second planking.
Be great to hear from some of you.

View attachment 642597

View attachment 642598

View attachment 642599

View attachment 642600

View attachment 642601

View attachment 642602

View attachment 642603

View attachment 642604

View attachment 642605

View attachment 642606

View attachment 642607

View attachment 642608

View attachment 642609

View attachment 642610

View attachment 642611

View attachment 642612
Excellent start Simon
I'll follow your progress
 
Back
Top