HMS Victory, Caldercraft

Ken

Here is my finished model of HMS VICTORY made from a Caldercraft kit. It was made straight from the box with no enhancements or any additional material, using only the plans and manual provided. There was a lot of work involved but it was fairly straight forward and I think that any moderately experienced modeller could tackle this successfully. It took about a year to make.

Ken003.jpg

004a.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

One year to make that beauty?
Did you get any sleep?
Hi John. Who needs sleep, it only intrudes on building time.
I seem to build fairly quickly, my Royal William is in a gallery here somewhere, that took me nine months, and my current build Amerigo Vespucci will be finished In about the same time, my log is on site.

Ken

A very good example of the Caldercraft Victory - great executed.
And we can also see, who good and detailed this kit is. Many Thanks for sharing with us your wonderful model
BTW: one year is very fast for this kit - Great

Did your rigging string come with the kit? If not who did you purchase it from? I am working on a Mamoli Victory, they shorted me on parts and rigging string. the string they gave me is only 4 rolls and all various colors. I like your all white. Obviously, of a few varied sizes? thanx, My name is also Ken :)

Did your rigging string come with the kit? If not who did you purchase it from? I am working on a Mamoli Victory, they shorted me on parts and rigging string. the string they gave me is only 4 rolls and all various colors. I like your all white. Obviously, of a few varied sizes? thanx, My name is also Ken :)
I guess you very first post answered all my questions. Thank you

There goes an hour wasted looking at pics online that I'll cherish. Thanks for that, particularly your lashings and rigging line (not fuzzy).

No enhancements except for skill/technique/patience/research/eye for detail...
And the aqueducts.

Reactions: Ken
There goes an hour wasted looking at pics online that I'll cherish. Thanks for that, particularly your lashings and rigging line (not fuzzy).

No enhancements except for skill/technique/patience/research/eye for detail...
And the aqueducts.
Only an hour,,, I can waste DAYS.

Hi John. Who needs sleep, it only intrudes on building time.
I seem to build fairly quickly, my Royal William is in a gallery here somewhere, that took me nine months, and my current build Amerigo Vespucci will be finished In about the same time, my log is on site.

Ken
that is impressive. I have been working on my Mirage for over 2 years and still haven't really started rigging yet, although you probably couldn't tell by looking at my model. lol

Back