HMS Victory, Caldercraft

fantastic !!!
Did your rigging string come with the kit? If not who did you purchase it from? I am working on a Mamoli Victory, they shorted me on parts and rigging string. the string they gave me is only 4 rolls and all various colors. I like your all white. Obviously, of a few varied sizes? thanx, My name is also Ken :)
Did your rigging string come with the kit? If not who did you purchase it from? I am working on a Mamoli Victory, they shorted me on parts and rigging string. the string they gave me is only 4 rolls and all various colors. I like your all white. Obviously, of a few varied sizes? thanx, My name is also Ken :)
Hi, Ke,Yes the rigging was supplied with the kit. I can’t remember exactly how much but it was at least eight quite big rolls probably more from .1mm to 1.5mm in three shades plus the anchor rope, It was excellent, probably the best kit stuff that I’ve had.

Ken

Here is my finished model of HMS VICTORY made from a Caldercraft kit. It was made straight from the box with no enhancements or any additional material, using only the plans and manual provided. There was a lot of work involved but it was fairly straight forward and I think that any moderately experienced modeller could tackle this successfully. It took about a year to make.

KenView attachment 186801

View attachment 186803

View attachment 186804

View attachment 186805

View attachment 186806

View attachment 186807

View attachment 186808

View attachment 186809

View attachment 186810

View attachment 186811

View attachment 186812

View attachment 186814

View attachment 186815

View attachment 186816

View attachment 186817

View attachment 186818

View attachment 186819
Great work! I was wondering if the model comes with two layers of planking, or does it absolutely have to be painted?

Great work! I was wondering if the model comes with two layers of planking, or does it absolutely have to be painted?
Hi, Yes this build is double planked. The second planking was 4mm walnut, I would say that the second planking material was not the best I’ve had in a kit, it needed some effort to bring it up to scratch especially the somewhat rough edges. But okay in the end. I couldn’t recommend this kit highly enough, it is well thought out with the builder in mind and more complete than any other kit that I’ve had, even down to the rigging hooks, oars, boat hooks etc.
I couldn’t imagine anyone not wanting to paint a Victory!
ken

that is impressive. I have been working on my Mirage for over 2 years and still haven't really started rigging yet, although you probably couldn't tell by looking at my model. lol
Your precision and detailed work on all levels is wonderful to see and try to appreciate the dedicated time that you must have patiently spent on crafting every aspect correct. A beauty to look at as others have commented and to which I add my own. PT-2

The most beautiful ship ever built!......well, except for The Constitution, maybe! hahaha Absolutely fantastic modeling, Ken!!! Caldercraft gets my vote, every time!
Rick1011

Here is my finished model of HMS VICTORY made from a Caldercraft kit. It was made straight from the box with no enhancements or any additional material, using only the plans and manual provided. There was a lot of work involved but it was fairly straight forward and I think that any moderately experienced modeller could tackle this successfully. It took about a year to make.

KenView attachment 186801

View attachment 186803

View attachment 186804

View attachment 186805

View attachment 186806

View attachment 186807

View attachment 186808

View attachment 186809

View attachment 186810

View attachment 186811

View attachment 186812

View attachment 186814

View attachment 186815

View attachment 186816

View attachment 186817

View attachment 186818

View attachment 186819
Beautiful build ... nice to see a build straight out of the box. Great attention to detail Ken.

I think the Caldercraft would be a better base for a nice kit bash, it will be a much better option for converting her to pre 1803 model of this great ship

View attachment 434184

View attachment 434185

View attachment 434186

View attachment 434187

View attachment 434188

View attachment 434189
Seeing these examples of ship modeling is both inspiring and deflating at the one time. It’s like reading dockattners build logs. Hard to believe a human can create such perfection and beauty, yet I struggle to get even close. However this misery is made up for by the joy of beholding such a masterpiece.
Conflict and resolution.

Back