HMS Victory cross section 1:75 by DeAgostini (but with a lot of improvements)

This is my longest project ever, started in 2015. That's because I'm working on it only during the intervals between other models.
As reference I use the McKay's AOTS and PDF plans, found somewhere on the internet. I won't go into theory, since the subject is well known, and here on forum there are other good threads about the Victory cross-section. So I'd like only to present you what I've done so far.
From the DeAgostini's issues I took only the frames (modified) and the external planking. All the rest is from scratch, thanks to the great material supplied by Bibigon (btw, I know him personally, no envy please ;) ).
The barrels are self-made, the gratings from Master-Korabel, the copper plates by Amati.

DSC_4849.JPGDSC_4850.JPGDSC_0083.JPGDSC_4962.JPGDSC_0581.JPGDSC_0660.JPGDSC_0732.JPGDSC_3763.jpgDSC_3777.jpgDSC_3780.jpgDSC_3781.jpgDSC_3782.jpgDSC_3786.jpgDSC_5692.jpgDSC_5693.jpgDSC_5702.jpgDSC_5706.jpgDSC_5743.jpgDSC_5746.jpgDSC_5751.jpgDSC_5754.jpgDSC_5758.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos and model representation! Thumbsup I like the way you made the ventilation panels, Can you share the method you made them? I like very much the clean and accurate execution. Wish I know Sergey personally. He is an awesome guy and gentlemen! ;)

Very accurate work - and good execution - and very interesting photos you are showing
So I hope to see often some updates of your future progress :cool:

Hi guys, thank you for your kind words.

And here are the lower deck 32-pounders. Realized mostly from the DeAgostini's kit; I've replaced only the wheels, and made the carriages more detailed. Some parts have been intentionally done oversized a bit, since I hope this way they would look better with the naked eye, without magnification. I want to present the guns on one side ready to fire, and on the other side secured for sea.

DSC_6248.jpgDSC_6250.jpgDSC_6242.jpgDSC_6243.jpgDSC_6252.jpg

Very clever idea - I have to keep this in mind - it is looking very realsitic in this very small size

Back