HMS Victory - Mamoli in scale 1:90

Looks like 1:90 Mamoli kit I am working on.

Actually I remember you, Dbar and your model! How are you doing?

Last edited:
Hi YT. Nice to hear from you. Yes it's mamoli although I did alot of modifications. Well I have the lower masts ready as well as shrouds and ratlines as seen in the photos, and the anchors of course. I intend to start working on the bowsprit soon. Keep in touch.

For the past 6 months I’ve been working on this Mamoli kit. Instead of using the kit plans, which have so many inaccuracies I’m using set of Victory plans that were drawn by G. F. Campbell. Plus using Longridge’s The Anatomy of Nelson Ships, The Anatomy of the Ship, 100 Gun Ship Victory and McGowan‘s HMS Victory. I takes a little longer to build, but I think it will make a better model.

Hi Barry, nice to hear that you are also building this model. Yes indeed the mamoli plans contain several errors, even when it comes to the rigging stage. I had to do alot of research paricularly from photos of the actual ship but I think this is also part of the fun! Regards and keep in touch.

Very nice, maybe one day I'll get there. Maybe you can help me I'm working on the same kit and jabbing trouble finding the print that starts part #'s from 317 and below. Mainly the trees and so forth. I have all the prints #1-16 what am I missing?

Hi dbharmon
I wld like to help you out in yr problem but I am not sure what exactly is the issue. Part numbers 317 down indeed relates mainly to the masts, yards, spars etc. These are explained in printout no. 9. If you are missing this sheet i can send you a photo of it and enlarge it. The other side of the print deals with the ratlines and shrouds. Hope i have been of help though.

Very nice, maybe one day I'll get there. Maybe you can help me I'm working on the same kit and jabbing trouble finding the print that starts part #'s from 317 and below. Mainly the trees and so forth. I have all the prints #1-16 what am I missing?
I am building same. Encountered same situation. Contacted a few other who are building same they are also missing. Contacted 3-4 others. Came to the conclusion that they might of been left out due to possible future upgrade of the model from Mamoli b4 they went out of business. Something like #s 250 to 300 missing, correct? So , just by pass those and muddle through, they are simply not there. You are not the only one. If you use other reference books, you will find multiple problems with this model. If ?, just ask Ken

Hi dbharmon
I wld like to help you out in yr problem but I am not sure what exactly is the issue. Part numbers 317 down indeed relates mainly to the masts, yards, spars etc. These are explained in printout no. 9. If you are missing this sheet i can send you a photo of it and enlarge it. The other side of the print deals with the ratlines and shrouds. Hope i have been of help though.
I realize that, Plan 8 ends with prt# 239 then 9 starts out at 317, shows nothing about masts assembly or the trees. Thats almost 100 parts missing.

Last edited:
I realize that, Plan 8 ends with prt# 239 then 9 starts out at 317, shows nothing about masts assembly or the trees. Thats almost 100 parts missing.
They don't exist, nobody has them. There are a few more on the left side of plan A, but the rest are not there. All the info you need for the masts are on pg 9. go through it systematically and do a piece at a time and mark it off with a highlighter as you go. This is exactly the point where I was at 3 wks ago. As you proceed it will make sense. All this info is there. You just have to figure it out. Do page 9 as stated and it will make sense.

If you find YT's build log and go to date Sept 8-9 (#478-9) You will find the exact conversation YT and I had about this same situation. Also, a guy named Spider999 commented there also about the same. I have also been conversing via fb with a guy in Maine, same thing. Good luck, you'll figure it out.

Back