Hoffy from Victoria Australia

Hi fellow builders I am new to ship building in wood kits , passionate plastic model assembly mainly Armour. Just completed first double plank on bulked build of Caldercraft's HMS Jalouse happy with finish but know could have been better, will use it as a reference for next builds where I can improve, thinking next kit The Black Pearl from ZHL model the new updated kit.

20191114_070044[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hoffy another Aussie here also from Victoria Haven't completed a model yet but have about 4 on the go that I Inherited. Where about in Vic do you live?
Cheers Roger

OK that's cool I am not far away in Cranbourne East maybe we can get together sometime and discuss a few things about our builds.

Great mate I am going away for a couple of weeks into the High Country another one of my Passions so will contact you upon my return if that is ok
Roger

Hi fellow builders I am new to ship building in wood kits , passionate plastic model assembly mainly Armour. Just completed first double plank on bulked build of Caldercraft's HMS Jalouse happy with finish but know could have been better, will use it as a reference for next builds where I can improve, thinking next kit The Black Pearl from ZHL model the new updated kit.

View attachment 120426
Hi. fairly new to model ship building. This will be my childrens xmas present for me. Looking forward to it. Difficulty ?

Hi Ken I think any build is only difficult if you make it difficult, step out of your comfort zone and give it a crack I am sure there is tons of experience,advice,knowledge ,Tips and build logs to learn from all members and they seem to be willing to help..

Hello Ken, If you new to shipbuilding, look for 'beginners' kit. They are designed in mind for people who doesn't have much experience. In any case we are here to help. Once you will start your own build log, we will be able to help if needed!! Count on us! ;)

Back