Hola from naive newbie

Hello to all. I have just joined SOS and wish I had found you earlier.
My wife died 7 years ago and, looking for distraction, I bought a kit of "La Candelaria" from Occre. I thought it would be like one I had made many years earlier, a kit of parts that you glue together and paint. How naive can one be? I never new this world existed! Imagine the horror and realisation when I opened the box!
Totally unprepared and ill-equipped I made a start and soon found that I was way out of my depth.
Later I met a new distraction and married her so the boat was put aside until lockdown came around and I started on the boat again. Now nearing the end and wishing that i knew then what I know now.
I want to start a new build when La Candelaria is finished so will be here, seeking advice and sympathy...
I must be barking mad.
Barcomad (Clive to my friends)

also from my side a warm welcome here on our forum.
we are happy to assist and help when ever necessary and requested......
Do you know already which project will come after the Candelaria?

also from my side a warm welcome here on our forum.
we are happy to assist and help when ever necessary and requested......
Do you know already which project will come after the Candelaria?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
My next project is to get properly equipped and I will be looking for your advice on that front.
As to which kit to buy I will also listen to recommendations. I felt that the Occre set that I have is lacking in some areas but then maybe all brands have drawbacks.
I still have weeks of work on the Candelaria, so plenty of time yet.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
My next project is to get properly equipped and I will be looking for your advice on that front.
As to which kit to buy I will also listen to recommendations. I felt that the Occre set that I have is lacking in some areas but then maybe all brands have drawbacks.
I still have weeks of work on the Candelaria, so plenty of time yet.
you are right - no hurry necessary
Take a look around in the kit reviews we have, but also the huge number of building logs we have here in our forum, also maybe the running group builds.
With these information you will find additional information about the quality and the results of different manufacturer and offered kits.
When ever you start your new project, I would suggest to start also a building log here in the forum.
Here you have the possibility to show your work and ask directly questions related to your working status. In addition you will get hints and tips of other modelers following your project.......
Most important is, that you have fun with working on your model and being online here in the forum

Back