Hope

Hi to all.

I am now 62 years old and just survived a reorganization on the job, so must have done something right. That was the reason I could not find the rest to continue modelling for the last month or so. Unfortunately I don't have the means to stop working now (for me the age for retirement is 67), so it has caused stress and high blood pressure.
Because of this I had the family doctor check my blood-pressure (too high of course) and all kind of blood values for what I had in mind to be a yearly check up.
My blood values have sadly indicated that I have Multiple Myeloma, a sort of bone marrow cancer. Either sickness of Kahler or Waldenstroem. This has yet to be further researched and what stage and what gradation it is at the moment. More checkups as from the 12th of August.
I see now more clearly that job-stress is really not worth anything at all. The health of you and your loved ones must always come first.

We are now feeling mighty down. I wondered if I should write this message here, but you have all been so nice I have decided to share this bit of bad news with you.
I don't know If I will find the energy again to continue modelling. Family comes first now (as it should always have done). I am now awaiting the further examinations, both anxious and afraid. As it is not curable i can only hope to have some years ahead.

Herman

Wow Herman. This is difficult news to hear. I believe in a God of comfort who will walk alongside you and your family during this difficult season. When you are feeling at your worst you can know that you are not alone - not forsaken - not forgotten. I like to pray for people so I will commit to that for as long as it takes. Though we have never met I still consider you a friend. Peace and hope.

Wow Herman. This is difficult news to hear. I believe in a God of comfort who will walk alongside you and your family during this difficult season. When you are feeling at your worst you can know that you are not alone - not forsaken - not forgotten. I like to pray for people so I will commit to that for as long as it takes. Though we have never met I still consider you a friend. Peace and hope.
Thank you Paul for considering me as a friend, for your kind words, and prayers. You only know/experience the true strength of support at the moment you need it most. Many thanks.

Hi Herman.
First of all, thank you very much for sharing this with us. My great respect for this! Those are messages that you hope they don't get through.
Lots of strength in the coming time and hopefully there will still be some bright spots and you will find some energy to build your model. Even if it's just for the distraction.
Again, best of luck to you and your loved ones.
Regards, Peter

Hi Herman.
First of all, thank you very much for sharing this with us. My great respect for this! Those are messages that you hope they don't get through.
Lots of strength in the coming time and hopefully there will still be some bright spots and you will find some energy to build your model. Even if it's just for the distraction.
Again, best of luck to you and your loved ones.
Regards, Peter
Thanks for your support Peter
Sharing is hard, but keeping this to yourself would even be harder. It is great there is a forum here for "Members in dry dock", the fact that it exists says something about this site and has helped me to share my bad luck, my "SoS" for support. It is such a fine community that it feels to me like family.
Herman

OH MY GOSH HERMAN, LIKE PAUL I BELIEVE IN PRAYER AND JESUES CHRIST THE SO ON GOD AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR, AS ONE OF OUR PATRIOTS(USA) SAID HIS FAVORITE SONG (YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE) AS LONG AS JESUES HOLDS YOUR HAND ALONG WITH YOUR MANY FRIENDS(SOS) YOU ARE NOT ALONE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND ALL OF YOURS IN CHRIST DON

Herman

I am extremely sorry to hear this.The one thing I have learned about the medical profession in times like these as that they are very non committal until they have all the facts. This does not help you I can imagine all sorts of thoughts are going around in your mind.Focus time with those that matter most as you muddle through this period and try to remain positive and optimistic.

You may well find that once all the facts have been established, things may well not be as bleak as they seem now.

Best Wishes to you and your family.

Nigel

Hi Herman!

I had a similar experience once many years ago and was treated for four years and everything turned out fine. I wish you the same.

All the love for you and yours!
Thomas
Hi Thomas.

I appreciate your good wishes. The first time you hear the diagnosis it wipes the world from under your feet, doesn't it. Good to hear that everything turned out fine for you and you wish me the same.
I am afraid this type is not curable but might be brought in submission depending on type and stage. Time will tell.
Thank you for your support.

Herman

OH MY GOSH HERMAN, LIKE PAUL I BELIEVE IN PRAYER AND JESUES CHRIST THE SO ON GOD AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR, AS ONE OF OUR PATRIOTS(USA) SAID HIS FAVORITE SONG (YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE) AS LONG AS JESUES HOLDS YOUR HAND ALONG WITH YOUR MANY FRIENDS(SOS) YOU ARE NOT ALONE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND ALL OF YOURS IN CHRIST DON
Hi Don
It is great not to have to walk alone!
Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Herman

Herman

I am extremely sorry to hear this.The one thing I have learned about the medical profession in times like these as that they are very non committal until they have all the facts. This does not help you I can imagine all sorts of thoughts are going around in your mind.Focus time with those that matter most as you muddle through this period and try to remain positive and optimistic.

You may well find that once all the facts have been established, things may well not be as bleak as they seem now.

Best Wishes to you and your family.

Nigel
Hello Nigel.

Thank you for you best wishes. I will also convey them to my family. I was depressed today but now feel somewhat better after the support that I received from you and other members. I hope I find the way back to become optimistic again.

Thank you all.

Herman

Dear Herman
I am sorry for you about the medical news that shook your life and the life of your family. My heart and prayers are with you and for you all the way. After reading your message again, I want to say very carefully that I recognized in you and in you the necessary strength to get up from the difficult hour and face the disease and with the help of God, the family and the doctors also to recover. Thank you for teaching us and reminding us of the important things in life. Dear Herman, I would be happy, like the other friends, for you to stay with us both so that we can support you as a family member and also so that you can draw encouragement and strength from us. I believe it will help you to know that there are people from all over the world who love and care for you, even if we haven't met face to face, the passion for the hobby and the personal professional sharing in our forum, this is family.
Dear Herman, I do recommend that you maintain a hobby, even if on a minor level, from experience and psychology, hobby pursuits have a mental contribution to health and even recovery.
with concern and prayers, shota

My dear Shota
Thank you for your kind words, support, encouragement, advice and prayers. I had to wipe off tears again before I could write back to you.
I hope to stay with you all for a long time and can not express my gratitude enough for all support given to me.

Herman

Back