How do I link a http behind text

A

Aussie048

I've been looking around to find out how I can have text like "Click herr" or my model listed on my signature as text and have the link to the build log.

I know it is possible because I have seen it on some posts

Can someone direct me to a how to.

Is it possible to created a table of contents for a build log where you can click on the text and it will take you to the specific part of the build log

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Geoff

I think you can use copy sand then go to your signature under user control and do a (Ctrl) and v to paste the link. This will only take you to the correct page but not ot the exact comment.

Gary

Lets take this in 2 parts and try and sort part 1 first

If you look at my current signature you will:-

You will see USS Constitution and under that the link to page 1 of the post

What I want to do is hide the link behind USS Constitution.

If I can find that out and there is no how to I am prepared to write a topic with screen dumps explaining it.

Cheers
Geoff

Donnie has the server in his home and does this as a part time hobby. He learned on his own how to put up and maintain this site. Thus, the site is simple and does not have a data base programmer designing and maintaining any sophistication. What you want may not be possible because of that.

Gary

Thanks anyway. I used to be a systems administrator but not in HTMLand have a few contacts.

I am just missing something in the code. Will investigate tomorrow.

Cheers
Geoff

I was on the programming side but used databases. Was never a web developer or system analyst. Retired 8 years ago and do not miss it. I have forgot so much that I am sure I would not be employable any more since I have not kept up with all the changes. Got lazy and do not even write programs for myself.

I was sys admin on a HR/Payroll system. They moved work to where there was no public transport on the outskirts of Melbourne. Over an hours drive. Could have moved out there but would not have known anyone. Go out of a night time then on the wagon so I took a package and don't miss it at all :D

Back