How to make small scale figures to compliment your build

Hello Everyone,
I am not really sure if this is the correct area for this topic so I will trust the administrative staff to place it in the correct area in the event I made a mistake. When I first started scratch building, I would look at the model and think to myself, "Ok, I see the size but how would it relate to the size of a man". Mind you, that when we start off with a build, we first determine the scale. Let's use the example of 1:48. At 1:48, a 6 foot tall man would be 1 & 1/2 inches tall.
ScaleChart-image.jpg

Once the miniature man is made, one gets the actual, "Wow Factor" as to the size of the ship. When I built the Triton and made/constructed "Woody", that is when I realized the importance of making small scale figures. They tend to help you visualize the sheer size of the vessels. In the following photo, you will see what I mean.
1397441185_4329_FT16042_1_.jpg

Now I know that there must be a faster and cost effective way to get the "Wow Factor". You can either buy them, (which can get really expensive and there is no guarantee that they will be in the position you want) or make them yourself. I have stumbled onto a video on YouTube that goes into a series of short videos that will show and/or explain how to build multiple figures and positioned them way you want them. The following link will take you to the video as a means of building your own small scale figures. Please enjoy, Raymond.

Thanks Raymond, we have been struggling with same problem. When I was building my last project, a lake steamer S/S Maaninka, I thought that it is missing the staff and passengers. The model is built at the scale of 1/25 and I was thinking to buy small railroad figures and use them as passengers. So I bought a bunch of figures of the G scale (1/24) which is quite near of the model scale, but soon found out that there were people only in standing or sitting positions, and they were not at all natural. So I didn't use them at all.

But your way of building the figures yourself would have been the right way. Even if it is a bit tedious to build 20...30 figures, but then you would have them in positions you want and not only standing or sitting.
So this is the way to go with my next project, and thank you for sharing those videos.

Back