Howdo, all?

Hello Mates.
I'm a never ever of Modeling, Sailing, and Most things Nautical. I Think that comes from Living on the Top of the Rockies, in COlorado (not the Modeling Part). However, I also think that's why I love sea food, and dream of the Oceans. I was born in America’s highest incorporated city at 10,152 feet (3,094 meters) above sea level, and almost 1000 miles to the nearest ocean. Our larger "Vessels" usually hold 8-10 souls with one manning both Oars, and it's made of rubber. Our others are Kayaks, and neither one is fun if they don't tip over.

I'm excited to be here, and I'm off like a herd of Sea Turtles - that are Landlocked.
They say "Measure Twice, Cut Once", So I've been doing my share of Research, and Prep work for the Models I am going to make. I've followed this forum as a guest, and other, for a few years now, and I think I'm (almost) ready to start my Builds.
I read a while back, to start easy and build up. Pick a build that is simple, but fun enough to keep your attention. So, in true Beginner form, I've chosen to not follow that advice. -This should serve as a warning to those whom I ask advice from, and then ignore... well Can't say I didn't warn you. LOL.

I've studied lots of ships, and I really think the HMS Bounty is the ship I want to build First, Second Third, and fourth.
I'm not short on ambition, but I intend to take all of the builds slow.
My first Intent is to whittle a bounty into a Rum bottle, yet I can't do it till I know the Basic shape, and What it should even look like.
I got a display Rum bottle from a Convenience Store that is about 2' Tall, and I also have a miniature bottle that looks like the other two.
But I still want to do a True Model first, so I can know not only how a ship looks & works, but why a ship looks & works.
I've picked the HMS Bounty as it is an Armed ship, but not a "Battle Ship" It's basic, but not simple. I usta be a Theatre Manger, and love the movies. It having been in the movies, there is no shortage of pictures, and intrigue of this vessel. Yes I know it's a big Bite, but I am really looking forward to the struggles... Did I mention I want it to be a stick build? In fact, I'm thinking of doing as realistic as possible.

Well I'm off to make more plans, See ye out there.

Hello Mates.
I'm a never ever of Modeling, Sailing, and Most things Nautical. I Think that comes from Living on the Top of the Rockies, in COlorado (not the Modeling Part). However, I also think that's why I love sea food, and dream of the Oceans. I was born in America’s highest incorporated city at 10,152 feet (3,094 meters) above sea level, and almost 1000 miles to the nearest ocean. Our larger "Vessels" usually hold 8-10 souls with one manning both Oars, and it's made of rubber. Our others are Kayaks, and neither one is fun if they don't tip over.

I'm excited to be here, and I'm off like a herd of Sea Turtles - that are Landlocked.
They say "Measure Twice, Cut Once", So I've been doing my share of Research, and Prep work for the Models I am going to make. I've followed this forum as a guest, and other, for a few years now, and I think I'm (almost) ready to start my Builds.
I read a while back, to start easy and build up. Pick a build that is simple, but fun enough to keep your attention. So, in true Beginner form, I've chosen to not follow that advice. -This should serve as a warning to those whom I ask advice from, and then ignore... well Can't say I didn't warn you. LOL.

I've studied lots of ships, and I really think the HMS Bounty is the ship I want to build First, Second Third, and fourth.
My first Intent is to whittle a bounty into a Rum bottle, yet I can't do it till I know the Basic shape, and What it should even look like.
I got a display Rum bottle from a Convenience Store that is about 2' Tall, and I also have a miniature bottle that looks like the other two.
But I still want to do a True Model first, so I can know not only how a ship looks & works, but why a ship looks & works.
I've picked the HMS Bounty as it is an Armed ship, but not a "Battle Ship" It's basic, but not simple. I usta be a Theatre Manger, and love the movies. It having been in the movies, there is no shortage of pictures, and intrigue of this vessel. Yes I know it's a big Bite, but I am really looking forward to the struggles... Did I mention I want it to be a stick build? In fact, I'm thinking of doing as realistic as possible.

Hallo @CO_Cowboy
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum
I am looking forward .....

Welcome aboard, Cowboy, I am D&RGW and RGS fan and visited Colorado 4 times.
So I'm guessing in addition to ships of scale, you've done more than a few HO, N, O, G, builds?
I'm and admirer, and dreamer, but never put a penny on the tracks.

I hike the mountains of CO for vacation fun. Very familiar with them. Welcome to the forum. Many people here can help you with your HMS Bounty build. That's a popular ship. What made you choose that vessel? Just curious. Please create a thread for your build log with photos and posts of your progress. Lots of us will chime in with help and can answer any questions you have. Did you guys know that Pitcairn Island is desperately looking for people to move there and help keep that tiny community alive? If you like living in a remote place, it's a candidate. I've spent enough years on the sea and am happy to be home camping, shooting guns, riding motorcycles, and making models.

Hello Mates.

Hallo @CO_Cowboy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your described project going?

Back