I designed this shrimper made out of Lego

Hi guys, I'm Alex. I am new here, so quick ask to move this thread if I posted it in a wrong place.
I am a huge Lego fan and I also just starting my path in boats modeling as I just recently discovered this universe! So decision to combine those two hobbies was quite obvious to me and it was a mater of time when I do that. Hopefully this doesn't violate any rules here.

I designed this shrimper out of Lego and wanted to share it with you.
Of course this is just a simplified toyish version of a shrimper. Nothing specified, but "Jenny" from Forrest Gump was the main source material designing it.
Anna is my daughter (maybe one day I'll name a real boat ). The outriggers are functional and can be unfolded by spinning the mast.
I also made a short animation to go with this project.
I posted it on Lego Ideas and it's gaining votes to become a real Lego set, so if you guys like it, please hop aboard and cast your vote maybe? Boat lovers community isn't that huge so I really hope for your support

ssb1.png
SSB.png
ssb2d.png
ssb4.png
ssb9.pngssb1.pngSSB.pngssb2d.pngssb4.pngssb9.png
ssb8.pngssb8.pngssb1.pngSSB.pngssb2d.pngssb4.pngssb9.pngssb8.png

Nice boat. Not the biggest, a bit of a shrimp... (hey, I'm here all week...) Very nice. The detail is good and it really has all the bits. Well done, and quite creative. It even has a display stand!

Nice boat. Not the biggest, a bit of a shrimp... (hey, I'm here all week...) Very nice. The detail is good and it really has all the bits. Well done, and quite creative. It even has a display stand!
Thank you, mate! Means a lot to hear some thoughts from folks from boats community, so yeah, I appreciate it :)

Huge Lego fan but terrible at original building. LOVE this model you created! All of the extra little details really bring it to life. Eager to see what your next project might be.

Great build, you might think of submitting the plans to LEGO to see if they want to release it as a kit, maybe get you some cash to buy more Lego's.

Hi guys, I'm Alex. I am new here, so quick ask to move this thread if I posted it in a wrong place.
I am a huge Lego fan and I also just starting my path in boats modeling as I just recently discovered this universe! So decision to combine those two hobbies was quite obvious to me and it was a mater of time when I do that. Hopefully this doesn't violate any rules here.

I designed this shrimper out of Lego and wanted to share it with you.
Of course this is just a simplified toyish version of a shrimper. Nothing specified, but "Jenny" from Forrest Gump was the main source material designing it.
Anna is my daughter (maybe one day I'll name a real boat ). The outriggers are functional and can be unfolded by spinning the mast.
I also made a short animation to go with this project.
I posted it on Lego Ideas and it's gaining votes to become a real Lego set, so if you guys like it, please hop aboard and cast your vote maybe? Boat lovers community isn't that huge so I really hope for your support

Hallo @Adwind
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I hate Lego! It killed off Meccano that taught a whole generation how to use nuts and bolts and apply the basics of engineering. However, your delightful and ingenious application might mollify my antipathy. Welcome to the forum.

Really well done and the video, awesome. I'm looking forward to the next projects.

Back