- Joined
- Aug 19, 2020
- Messages
- 36
- Points
- 103

Hi all,
I’d like to share my 1/200 scale IJN Fuso, finally finished after many years. She was built from the Military Model 1–2/2007 paper kit.
Fuso was the first model I tackled after returning to the hobby following a very long break. Quite a few of the more experienced modellers on the forum warned me at the time that she was probably a bit too ambitious a choice for a first project and...
I have to admit, they were right.
I added quite a lot of extra detail to the original kit, including a number of parts that I designed and 3D printed myself. The only things I eventually ran out of steam for were the aircraft, so I cheated a little and bought those online.
The kit itself is very well designed and beautifully printed, so any mistakes you might spot are entirely down to my lack of experience rather than the kit. I also used aftermarket turned brass barrels and photo-etched detail sets from Haliński.
There were certainly plenty of mistakes made along the way, but towards the end my approach became simply: “That’s as good as it’s going to get.” Sometimes you just have to call it done!
So, after all these years, here she is.
Hope you enjoy the photos!

























I’d like to share my 1/200 scale IJN Fuso, finally finished after many years. She was built from the Military Model 1–2/2007 paper kit.
Fuso was the first model I tackled after returning to the hobby following a very long break. Quite a few of the more experienced modellers on the forum warned me at the time that she was probably a bit too ambitious a choice for a first project and...
I have to admit, they were right.
I added quite a lot of extra detail to the original kit, including a number of parts that I designed and 3D printed myself. The only things I eventually ran out of steam for were the aircraft, so I cheated a little and bought those online.
The kit itself is very well designed and beautifully printed, so any mistakes you might spot are entirely down to my lack of experience rather than the kit. I also used aftermarket turned brass barrels and photo-etched detail sets from Haliński.
There were certainly plenty of mistakes made along the way, but towards the end my approach became simply: “That’s as good as it’s going to get.” Sometimes you just have to call it done!
So, after all these years, here she is.
Hope you enjoy the photos!





























