Ingermanland 1:50

Hello everyone, Lwood here.
im building the Ingermanland in 1:50 scale. My kit is missing part # X302. 100m of Brown rope. I have had no luck getting the seller to respond. If anyone else is building this kit I would appreciate it if you could tell me the diameter of this line so I can order from another source. Thank you

C4E0CC4A-B764-4C3C-A444-4A96AC936360.jpegACD7B7B6-5C84-4030-B41F-93689A27711C.jpeg047634FD-A729-4ABE-A58A-955E92F96EAE.jpegF5108987-2C80-47F2-8D43-8F413C78C444.jpeg887B5445-2794-4A6B-9013-3F4ED7A8C2E2.jpeg81012771-2088-4682-9716-A4D11C615246.jpeg3B25C47C-AE28-48BA-9884-735143D4A560.jpeg9A21BBD7-97B4-4260-BD5F-DF3D8538A5D8.jpeg1998A05F-A6FC-4E3D-AE1D-C317CE8C2B5E.jpegBBA6391F-582D-44B8-A1DE-96593E62543B.jpeg

Hallo @Lwood ,
interesting built and project. I was also think about buying this interesting kit.
But first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be great if you would start a building log, so we could follow your progress.....
Related to the missing ropes:
I guess you mean this rope shown in this bag? (Photos are from one advertisement)
16_zpsikviv9a9.jpg 37_zpskeznprsz.jpg 30_zpslgmu2eeo.jpg
First of all, it can be, that the reply and the aftersale service is reduced, due to the fact, that the Corona Virus situation makes it impossible in moment. Usually the aftersale service is very good, but in moment there is an extraordinary situation.
But maybe we can help in another way: I can not read correctly, for what areas this brown rope with 100m was forseen - but you should have the original Kit Items list in hand - and also you can find the number of this rope somewhere on a drawing - Is it for the gun tackles?
If we know for which part this rope is planned, than we can search in different publications for the original rope (1:1) and calculate the scaled diameter in 1:50 / 1:48.

Hello back Uwek and thank you for your response.
I suppose my introduction was lacking let me try again.
My name is Lynn and I’m a long time model builder however mostly plastic planes. I’ve attached a couple examples of previous works. This is my first wood ship model.
Let me say right up front that the instructions (at least for this project) are lacking almost to the point of none existent
I spend 2/3 of my time studying the drawings and instructions trying to figure my next move. But the kit is very well designed and the parts fit very well.

The thread that my kit is missing is the main running rigging line. It’s referred to in the inventory as brown wire used for Connection pulley. And it referred to in many places on the drawings but only to say from where to where it goes. Nowhere that I have found does it give a size reference.

I will be happy to start a build log as soon as I figure out how to do it. New to this site.
Thank you for y
Thank

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hallo Lynn,
Ja Ja, this is often the problem with these kits - very good in quality but the manuals and drawings are really not the best - but the different manufacturer are getting step by step better also in this area.....
Also the Ingermanland is not a small vessel, so you have a longer challenge in front of you, but looking at your other models, you will make it.
Referring the rope: When it is the normal rope for the running rigging, you can easily wait some weeks and try once more to contact your kit supplier and ask him to send the missing rope - As I mentioned before, the aftersale service is usually very good and fast, unfortunately not in moment because of Corona

Hello there
It’s coming along nicely thanks for asking. I’ve just about to Finnish up the outer hull. Planking is done and the tree nails (7000) of them
Working on the fan tail. All the gold leafing finished.
still need to figure out the size of the running rigging though. I’ll post a couple progress pics.
thanksimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hello everyone, Lwood here.
im building the Ingermanland in 1:50 scale. My kit is missing part # X302. 100m of Brown rope. I have had no luck getting the seller to respond. If anyone else is building this kit I would appreciate it if you could tell me the diameter of this line so I can order from another source. Thank you
Hallo @Lwood
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Ingermanland going?

Well hello.
I haven’t been Johnny on the spot keeping up on this forum but I have been working on the ship.
All the construction is complete and the standing rigging as well. Working on the running rigging now. It’s going better and faster than I expected it would.
It’s been an uphill battle all the way with basically no instructions (instructions are in Chines) working from the drawings. And the best YouTube videos are Russian lol. ,

IMG_8494.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8485.png

IMG_8480.jpeg

IMG_8466.jpeg

Back