initial Soleil royal using the heller 1/100 scale kit (post prepared in advance)

Great job, Guy,
after my retina ruption some weeks ago I have got blood in my last good eye and am now again allowed to ready a bit in here and am astonished by your beautiful choice of colour.
image.thumb.jpeg.c12add3d98d342225b23e35fb6d89cbe.jpeg
Decission against the pure golden Version

IMG_4896.jpeg
...and Marc's colourfull luxourious "way of life".
Great individual steps you took - thanks a lot.

As I still have got three unbuild but preowned kits in store I still think about redoing one of them or the fourth (the widened hull for SAINT PHILIPPE 1693) - so MAJESTIQUE, REINE, or LYS are still possible...

Best wishes from Berlin,
Christian

Hi:) I hope you'll recover soon! My choice of color reflects what is written in the document ( I hope you managed to translate some of it before your illness). Lion heads as figureheads started to become common on the French ships very late in the 1690's and throughout the eighteeth and nineteen century; before that, there was much more variety in their art and had a more closely related meaning to the specific ship....So, the lion heads became a more common design mostly to standardize the art and now more general meaning of a fleet, not the ship specifically.....

I think the drawing of the details is nice, but I have the same opinion about the colouring as you do:)

She looks really terrific.

Hope your eye(s) are doing well. REST, I know it's hard when you have such cool model work to do, but I've known too many people, anxious to be back to normal, who do damage by not recuperating.

Rest and when you're able, keep up the great work.

Back