Introduce myself

I'm living in Rijnsaterwoude, a small village 25 km SW of Amsterdam. I've been building modelships for several years. The last 10 years I've made a visi tot the world of modeltrains which is also an interesting world of modelling.
My last model was De zeven provinciën from a Kolderstok kit. A few pictures

IMG_0537.JPGIMG_0538.JPGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0543.JPGIMG_0544.JPG

I've been reading with pleasure the SOS-forum for several months. I'm glad to become a member of this forum.

@All, thank you for your warm words of welcome.
My current project is the scratch building of the Prins Willem, a merchant vessel from the Dutch VOC build in 1651. I'm using the book of Herman Ketting as a guideline. Soon I'll start a build log in the applicable forum.

View attachment 172052
WOW Andre' you really go for the big boys don't you. Love your De zeven provinciën and I looked up the ship on Wiki and am posting what they said about that boat incase anyone else is interested in the vessels history.

De Zeven Provinciën (Dutch: "the seven provinces") was a Dutch ship of the line, originally armed with 80 guns. The name of the ship refers to the seven autonomous provinces that made up the Dutch Republic in the 17th century. The vessel was built in 1664-65 for the Admiralty of de Maze in Rotterdam by the master shipbuilder Salomon Jansz van den Tempel.

The ship served as Admiral Michiel de Ruyter's flagship during the Second Anglo-Dutch War, taking part in the Dutch victory at the Four Days Fight and the defeat at the St. James's Day Battle, and acting as a command post as well as blockading the River Thames during the Raid on the Medway. The vessel performed well throughout the war, though it was partially dismasted during the Four Days Fight.

De Ruyter used De Zeven Provinciën as his flagship during the Third Anglo-Dutch War of 1672-1673. The ship served in all four major battles against the combined English and French fleet, fighting in the Battle of Solebay, the first and second Battle of Schooneveld and, in possibly its greatest moment, the Battle of the Texel. In 1674 the ship visited the West Indies.

In 1692 the ship, now armed with only 76 guns, fought at the Battles of Barfleur and La Hogue during the War of the Grand Alliance. The vessel was severely damaged during the fight and, in 1694, De Zeven Provinciën had to be broken up.

What a great history of the 7 Provinces, one can not but marvel at it's engagements and it even made it over to our side of the world. I bet the Pirates put on all their canvas when they spotted the 7 over here!

I'm living in Rijnsaterwoude, a small village 25 km SW of Amsterdam. I've been building modelships for several years. The last 10 years I've made a visi tot the world of modeltrains which is also an interesting world of modelling.
My last model was De zeven provinciën from a Kolderstok kit. A few pictures

View attachment 171654View attachment 171664View attachment 171672View attachment 171676View attachment 171682

I've been reading with pleasure the SOS-forum for several months. I'm glad to become a member of this forum.
Nice model. Are you currently working on something?

Back