Introducing and hello.

My name is Peter Voogt, I am 63 years and living in Woudrichem, in the south of the Netherland.
Last year I got my early retirement and started again with shipmodel building. For 40 years ago I started this hobby, but for several years there was less time.
The grammer of my English is from before that time, so my apology for perhaps a kind of “double-Dutch” ;-)
Around 1975 a friend of my asked if I was interested for a model of the Zwarte Zee. A tugboat of Smit-International. He was started with building, but it was not his kind of hobby.
I started with building, but soon it become rebuilding. The hull was all right, but the construction above the deck was a tragedy. I totally rebuild it scratch from the drawing and some pictures.
Inside a Plexiglas vitrine, it is standing for many years in my living-room.
full

In 1978 I bought 595,00 guilders the complete building-set of ‘le Mirage’ from Corel. A France ship of line with 3 masts.
Between 1980 and 1984, within 540 ours, I build this model.
I adjust the rigging in order of the books of Orazio Curti. I made the sails myself, sitting for many ours behind the sewing machine of my wife.
This ship has a vitrine of glass.
full

During the building of le Mirage, I had in my mind the building of a Mississippi Paddle Steamer. But I could not find a building kit.
In 1987 I found a address in Germany for a set of drawings from Alan L. Bates from the Robert E. Lee. And started the scratch building of this magnificent River-Boat.
I have been building during 1987 and 1991. But by different causes, the building was on hold till 2019.
Until that time the model was standing on a bookshelf, catching dust.
full

I have started a building-blog in the SOS Build Logs Scratch of from Plans
Hopefully it will be interesting for you. From 1987 till now, it gives me a lot of pleasure.
Regards, Peter Voogt

Last edited:
G'day and welcome, that is some very nice models you have shown us, looking forward to seeing more of your work,

best regards john,

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Many Thanks for starting a building log - will be very interesting

Thank you all for the warm welkom.
I hope you will enjoy the building-blog:
Regards, Peter

Haha, I see under my avatar, I am today for one year on this forum.
First Place MetalBirthday-Cake For all of you who give me feedback, reply’s, likes etc.
I like this surrounding very much.
Regards, Peter

Back