Introduction of myself

Hello members and administrators
I found this forum very interesting, gives an opportunity of following other builds and posting one's own process of building, getting feedback.
I find that quite nice, specially in this pandemic times. I think the majority of you already know how to work "online" during the builds using Ships of scale.

I already made a first model, The "Endeavor", so many years ago, that the pictures I have are printed. But I have I have a small video about it:
Took me around one and a half years to finish it.

I started the HMS victory (mamoli), but for one reason or another I stopped. And I want to retake the construction of my model. So many abilities learned and forgotten, that I am starting all not on square 1, (because I have parts of the hull done) but I have to start again with the step 0: study the kit's manual.

Hope that all of you have a great year.
Regards
Vicky

Welcome aboard SOS, Vicky! It is nice to have you with us.

You can start the build log of your Victory (highly recommended), and we will try to help you. Also, we have some members building Mamoly's Victory. You may take a look.

Have fun!!!

Welcome and look around to see what is offered to help and teach.

Use the search tool to check for build logs on vessels you are interested, it will show what others have done.

Hallo Vicky,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Your working steering mechanism is looking very good. Well done.
And oiff course we would be very happy to see your actual work on your HMS Victory in a building log. Would be very interesting to discuss, talk give hints and comment - and with this helping each other to learn and get more experience and knowledge.
We are happy, that you have found us.

Hallo Vicky,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Your working steering mechanism is looking very good. Well done.
And oiff course we would be very happy to see your actual work on your HMS Victory in a building log. Would be very interesting to discuss, talk give hints and comment - and with this helping each other to learn and get more experience and knowledge.
We are happy, that you have found us.
Hello Uwek,
I need to figure out how to start a log, how to download pictures of my camera to my computer in an almost daily basis (Maybe weekly), learn how to upload to the log. I might need an "only for victory build pictures" memory for my camera. etc.
But, first of all, I would like to give thanks to Y.T. Because his construction of the Victory drove me here.
I would like the link of the "help" to learn to navigate the forum.

Hello Uwek,
I need to figure out how to start a log, how to download pictures of my camera to my computer in an almost daily basis (Maybe weekly), learn how to upload to the log. I might need an "only for victory build pictures" memory for my camera. etc.
But, first of all, I would like to give thanks to Y.T. Because his construction of the Victory drove me here.
I would like the link of the "help" to learn to navigate the forum.
Most of the steps og how to do it here in the forum are very good described in some video tutorials, so please take also a look here.

Otherwise please do not hesitate to ask any question......

Hello Vicki,
I made all the videos. Some are long and probably go into too much detail.
if you have any questions, just PM (private message) or the forum calls them “conversations”.
I can help you directly. It is always a good idea to download your camera images onto your computer and have a good organized system of keeping up w your work.
I can show you how too.
Donald Driskell

Hi Donnie, thanks, I was looking for help on how this forum works.
I could down load from my camera, but could not follow your instructions, you see, since around 1997 I do not use windows, I am for open source, so I use Ubuntu.
If you happen to encounter someone with problems with ubuntu, don't hesitate to refer them to me. I will be glad to help.

I might can help you with Ubuntu - do you just need screenshots on how to do it, OR are you having problems with Ubuntu downloading your cams images?

Back